No announcement yet.

Motorcycle Photographer Looking for Bikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earlier this month I could spend a day at the National Motorcycle Museum in Anamosa, Iowa. It's a fine museum with bikes displayed for good viewing and great information signage about each one. It's sad to say, but they'll be closing forever at the end of this summer, so don't delay in making a visit if you haven't already. Pick up some museum tee shirts while you're at it.

I shot color and B&W with several battery flashes and a portable backdrop -really had a great day!

R2 N3 Curtis PMW.jpg
    1906 Curtiss Twin

I Ariel 18 PMW.jpg
    1933 Ariel Square Four

Comment

A fine 1953 Panhead (previously AMCA-judged at 99 1/4) at the Pandemonium meet at the Harley-Davidson Museum yesterday. I heard there were 86 Panheads registered for the ride. The Badger Heritage Chapter organized the field games and everyone had a great day.

4 1953 Pan 1022 PMW.jpg

4 1953 Pan1024 PMW.jpg
      Last edited by jolsen; 06-28-2023, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Also at the Wild Ones event in Milwaukee I found this 1975 Ducati. I used three battery flashes and the owner and bystanders held up a backdrop for me. I'd really like to get this into a garage setting so that I could refine the image, but this is still nice. If you've got a vintage bike that I could shoot (within 250 miles of Madison) send me an email at john.olsen337@gmail.com. More images at www.johnolsenphoto.com.

9 1975 GT 1046 PMW.jpg

Comment

Back in action after a break, I got to shoot a group of 13 bikes that are slated for the 2024 auction in Vegas. We did 6 poses of each in digital color and one or two on B&W film. If you've got a vintage bike that I could shoot (within 250 miles of Madison) send me an email at john.olsen337@gmail.com. More images at www.johnolsenphoto.com.

1915 IndianHeldie Engine right 1475.jpg
          Attached Files

Comment

Here's another coming up for auction in Las Vegas - a 1918 Harley-Davidson - for the more ambitious restorer. See more at www.johnolsenphoto.com.

1918 H-D Engine right qtr1415.jpg

Comment

I recently found out what a resource Throttlestop in Elkhart Lake WI is. Not only are they a dealer in vintage bikes, but their space includes a museum of 200 beautifully restored vintage motorcycles. Being just north of Milwaukee you might expect a heavy Harley-Davidson display. To my surprise they've got a range of Ducatis and plenty of Japanese Fours. There's even a Münch for your viewing pleasure. Here's their Flying Merkel. Other images from my day there are at www.johnolsenphoto.com. If you've got a bike to have photographed send me an email at john.olsen337@gmail.com. (It's free)

Merkel D Vign.jpg

Comment

Working...
              X