Motorcycle Photographer Looking for Bikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorcycle Photographer Looking for Bikes

My long-term photo project has been with vintage motorcycles, shooting in museums, collections and garages over the last 12 years. As a new member of AMCA and relocated to Madison WI, I'm hoping to connect with owners within a day's drive. This is an opportunity for a FREE service. You get quality color digital files and I get to shoot my B&W film images. Check out the variety on my website (www.johnolsenphoto.com) and contact me at (608) 467-2081. The bikes shown where are from Morrie's Place in Ringwood IL and Harley-Davidson of Madison.
    John Olsen
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

Welcome John!
    Thanks for the link to your site; BEAUTIFUL work!!

You probably all ready have it but if not WI local chapters:

#27 Badger Heritage Chapter
    Milwaukee, WI 53201
    Contact
    Daniel Krause
    President
    (262) 825-7909
    badgerheritage@gmail.com
    More Info
    Web Site: www.badgerheritage.com

#70 Driftless Chapter
    Viroqua, WI 54665
    Contact
    Don Wallace
    President
    (608) 797-9072
    machineguy62@gmail.com

Comment

Thanks, I've joined the Badger Heritage Chapter and will contact the Driftless Chapter too. This is a great area for motorcycling history!

R15N6cweb.jpg

Comment

Fun project. Sorry you missed this before you left NM though!!
        DCP_3043.JPG
        DCP_3027.JPG
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Robbie, That's one serious collection! I motorcycled through Northern NM last summer, but missed this. I'm hoping to find shops like that up here around Wisconsin. I found this in Albuquerque in 1991:
          RT white web.jpg
          Last edited by jolsen; 03-27-2022, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jolsen View Post
            Robbie, That's one serious collection! I motorcycled through Northern NM last summer, but missed this. I'm hoping to find shops like that up here around Wisconsin. I found this in Albuquerque in 1991:
            RT white web.jpg
            That is my garage, not a shop, and it is very low profile, so few know of it. Just my personal collection of stuff. Nice K!
            Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Originally posted by Rubone View Post
              DCP_3043.JPG
              DCP_3027.JPG
              Hell of a sweat shop Robbie.

*M.A.D.*

Comment

One for you Jojo...

DCP_1272.JPG
                Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

DCP_3043.JPG
                  DCP_3027.JPG
                  Now that's my idea of a garage!! Just needs a few Indians!

Comment

One for you Jojo...

DCP_1272.JPG
                    Thank You Robbie! That's quite a Triumph tribute to Buddy. A shame he didn't get the recognition he righty deserved. And...a bigger shame he died that way.
                    What is the story behind that #79 Triumph & Memrobilia Robbie?

*M.A.D.*

Comment

Triumph is still a player having won the Daytona 200 again this year!

Comment

DCP_2716.JPGDCP_2209.JPG
                        Thank You Robbie! That's quite a Triumph tribute to Buddy. A shame he didn't get the recognition he righty deserved. And...a bigger shame he died that way.
                        What is the story behind that #79 Triumph & Memrobilia Robbie?
                        When Buddy Elmore died his wife and young daughter moved away from El Paso where he was from. She worked and raised her child but kept their house in EP as a source of rental income. All the personal items and memorabilia were stored in the attic of that house for 25 years or so. At some point she moved back to the area and had re-married. She had decided to sell the old house so had retrieved all the items from it. Buddy's father Mason was still alive as well as her own so she took a lot of the care needs of the families. I received a call one day asking if I was interested in an old Triumph. She was given my name by an old friend of Buddy's who was aware I collected old MC stuff. We talked a bit before it came up that the bike was Buddy's and she had all his personal memorabilia. I made a trip to go see it all and we discussed prices, but with failing health of her father and Buddy's as well the deal stayed on hold for a couple of years.There is another whole story of the final acquisition but it got tense for me and complicated.
                        Some years later the city of El Paso Historical Museum did a show on motorcycles and history in the El Paso area so I lent them a bunch of the stuff for about 6 months. Since Buddy was a native son it was a big hit. All the posters and such were new items when I received them, all sent out from Triumph to dealers for promo use. Lots of 8X10 photos, race programs, newspapers, close to 100 trophies, leathers, AMA presentation jackets, etc
                        The bike is the one Buddy rode at Daytona in '64 and '65. It also was his back-up bike in '66 when he won. After he retired it from the track he used it for a tt bike!! It came from Pete Dalio's shop and was built originally by Jack Wilson for Buddy.
                        This trophy was supposedly from his winning the southwest RR series on a 250 Yamaha. He rode BSAs for many years and I have pictures of him on a KR also.
                        He was more successful on pavement tan dirt although he was in the top ten AMA riders several times, hence the AMA jackets. Here is also a picture of him with the Triumph race team, Nixon, Dick Hammer, Gene Romero, and Buddy!
                        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Wow!!!
                          That is an AWESOME story!!!!!!!!!!!
                          Thanks for sharing/passing on this history.

Comment

At the museum display!

DCP_2767.JPG
                            Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

If Buddy only won the 1966 Daytona 200 and nothing else, he still would have been a favorite of mine. With that caliber of talent running during that period, it was even more spectacular! Buddy used Nixon’s old strategy, or was it Buddy’s all along? ‘’Watch the start and then pass em’ one by one”.
                              Another Huge Thank You Robbie, that is a helluva story. It's wonderful when someone gets a personal collection and doesn’t butcher it all up to the highest bidder. I had a similar circumstance as the Elmore story a few years ago, but it was with Leo Anthony Sr..
                              An extremely long & complicated saga, but i had an opportunity to receive almost all of the history & some of the motorcycle collection behind Anthony’s career, but it was changed around so many times, and then in the end, most of it was sold off separately~piece by piece.

Earl & Dot Robinson sponsored Leo for awhile, when they ran the Downtown Detroit H-D Dealership. I have some stories about the Dealership i will share, since i seen an recent article posted about the Motor Maids.

Thanks Robbie for sharing Buddy’s History, and giving it the gratitude it so rightfully deserves.

*M.A.D.*
                              Last edited by JoJo357; 04-05-2022, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X