No announcement yet.

Motorcycle Photographer Looking for Bikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buddy Elmore also won at Laconia in '66. Big year for him.

As for the Daytona winning bike, it belonged to Triumph so they took it with them back to England to show it off. It never came back. The new for '67 "Daytona 500" was named in honor of the win. I have a '66T100 with a close serial number I always thought I'd do a tribute replica out of, but.never have had enough time and money to do so! Here is a better pic of the Dalio's bike, note the ARD mag, the BSA 190MM front brake, the race oil tank , factory megaphones, and it has a dual carb conversion. The qualifying sheets for '65 show that it ran 134+mph on the banking in roadrace trim!

DCP_2104.JPG
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Originally posted by JoJo357 View Post
      If Buddy only won the 1966 Daytona 200 and nothing else, he still would have been a favorite of mine. With that caliber of talent running during that period, it was even more spectacular! Buddy used Nixon’s old strategy, or was it Buddy’s all along? ‘’Watch the start and then pass em’ one by one”.
      Another Huge Thank You Robbie, that is a helluva story. It's wonderful when someone gets a personal collection and doesn’t butcher it all up to the highest bidder. I had a similar circumstance as the Elmore story a few years ago, but it was with Leo Anthony Sr..
      An extremely long & complicated saga, but i had an opportunity to receive almost all of the history & some of the motorcycle collection behind Anthony’s career, but it was changed around so many times, and then in the end, most of it was sold off separately~piece by piece.

Earl & Dot Robinson sponsored Leo for awhile, when they ran the Detroit H-D Dealership. I have some stories about the Dealership i will share, since i seen an recent article posted about the Motor Maids.

Thanks Robbie for sharing Buddy’s History, and giving it the gratitude it so rightfully deserves.

*M.A.D.*
      That is exactly why I ended up with the stuff. Someone else tried to buy it all and made the mistake (in my favor) of telling Buddy's widow they just wanted certain things and intended to sell off the rest. The same thing if donated to a museum, cherry pick the good stuff and sell the rest. That really got to her so my promise to keep it all together for the rest of my ownership and require the same if I ever sold the stuff made her decide to do it. I have had it all for about 25 years or more. Buddy's daughter is out there and we have had conversations over the years although she was too young to know his history. Regretfully his dad died before I was able to talk to him.

Apologies to Jolsen for hijacking his thread. The photo thing just made me think of my shop but also the Elmore grouping. I have acquired a bit more over the years but as you know Buddy sort of fell to the wayside. Some of his old competitors have told me it was mostly due to him being a nice, quiet guy who wasn't looking for acclaim, just doing what he loved.
      Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Rubone: Don't worry, forum threads tend to wander as conversations do. I'll repost this thread after I shoot the motorcycles that two AMCA members have offered, probably in May. Meanwhile, if others are interested, call me at (608) 467-2081 or email at john.olsen337@gmail.com. Here's a nice chopper from Madison, WI. It's a 1941 Knucklehead, chopped in 1976 and with the original owner from 1976.

C 13 web.jpg

Comment

Thanks, AMCA members! So far three members in Wisconsin and Illinois have responded to set up shoots in the next few weeks. I'll post some results here in about 10 days. Meanwhile, remember that it's FREE because its my hobby. One bike or a major collection, concourse quality or barn find, all are of interest. Email: john.olsen337@gmail.com. Examples at www.johnolsenphoto.com.

John Olsen AMCA #43363

Comment

AMCA members are responding and I got a major photo op in April. Thanks for looking at this posting. Remember, my photos are FREE because its just a hobby job. Call me if you're within driving distance of Madison, WI. (608) 467-2081. Check out my motorcycle photos at www.johnolsenphoto.com.

E IND Ve 49 PMW.jpg

Comment

Here's another from the same session. Contact me for a shoot of your bike. john.olsen337@gmail.com or (608) 467-2081.

F VBS 59 PMW.jpg
              Last edited by jolsen; 05-07-2022, 04:58 PM.

Comment

BEAUTIFUL work John! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Here's another from the April session: a 1927 AJS. This is the version from the B&W film camera. Remember, my photos are FREE because its just a hobby job. Call me if you're within driving distance of Madison, WI. (608) 467-2081. Check out my motorcycle photos at www.johnolsenphoto.com.

R6 N1 AJS LFF.jpg

Comment

Another AMCA bike from Northern Wisconsin: A beautiful 1945-6 Indian with those great skirted fenders.

O IND45 103 PMW.jpg

Remember, my photos are FREE because its just a hobby job. Call me if you're within driving distance of Madison, WI. (608) 467-2081. Check out my motorcycle photos at www.johnolsenphoto.com

Comment

Thanks to AMCA members' responses I've gotten access to some great bikes recently, like this 1920 Excelsior Series 20. Check out my other shots at www.johnolsenphoto, then contact me at (608) 467-2081 or john.olsen337@gmail.com (if within a day's drive of Madison, WI).

Excelsior X 17 crop PMW.jpg

Comment

My resolution for the New Year? Photograph more vintage motorcycles. Thanks to several AMCA members I got some nice pictures last year and now that I'm done with knee surgery again, I'm looking to find more photo ops in the Wisconsin area (or at my place in Madison). The photography is FREE, you get full digital files, and I can come to you if you've got room to shoot indoors.

Here's an informal snap from the Wheels Through Time Museum last September. This is with a medium quality camera and two lights. For AMCA-members shots I'll bring more lights, my best camera and a backdrop - all FREE. Please see other examples at www.johnolsenphoto.com and contact me at john.olsen337@gmail.com.

SuperX 1226 PMW.jpg
                        Last edited by jolsen; 01-03-2023, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Thanks to a Badger Heritage Chapter member I got to shoot this fine 1926 Harley-Davidson Peashooter. It has a ball bearing crank, roller tappets, oversize valves, and a gas/alcohol carb. There are more views on my website (www.johnolsenphoto.com). If I can shoot your treasure sometime, contact me at john.olsen337@gmail.com or call (608) 467-2081. It's FREE.

PeaRight75 PMW.jpg

Comment

Caught this fine 1936 Indian Scout at the 2023 Slimey Crud Ride in Leland WI. Owner is with the AMCA's Driftless Chapter. If I can shoot your treasure sometime, contact me at john.olsen337@gmail.com or call (608) 467-2081. It's FREE. Other examples at www.johnolsenphoto.com.

Indian PMW.jpg

Comment

Beautiful work Jolsen! Love the way you captured the detail.
                              Wish they had you photographing the Marque Excellence Winners.

Comment

Paul: Thanks for the comment. This is a pretty serious hobby/compulsion.

Last weekend a Badger Heritage Chapter member invited me to admire his 1949 Moto Guzzi GTV. This one is mechanically restored but left with the patina of high mileage. Between the heel-toe shift linkage, exposed valve springs and external flywheel the GTV is a great subject. I shot color and B&W:

R2 N5 right b PMW.jpg

GTV Left 5 PMW.jpg
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X