X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 Threads merged to minimize confusion, if that's possible

Comment

Originally posted by RichO View Post
      Bill, Actually there as been three surveys taken. The first some where around 2001 or so when I was on the board for a short time. My tasking was to compile the results and share them with the board. It was the year that Bob McClean was replaced by Peter Gagan. I know that the board members at the time weren't to happy with the results. They are somewhere in the club meeting minutes or archives. Just sayin'.
      A summary of the "Ostrander Report" was published in a 2002 issue of The Antique Motorcycle.
      Amongst other things it suggested a move to a "25 year eligibility" rule.

AFJ

Comment

Originally posted by fillibuster View Post
        Bill, in the magazine the first page of the survey in paragraph 2, when it says we can do this online it says: "Simply go to [Removed Link] and follow the instructions."

I did exactly that, and what comes up on my screen is about 30 choices to click on. I chose about six of them and none provide any "instructions", and none of them get me to a page with the questions on the survey in the magazine. .. and I'm pretty short on patience with online stuff, because when I've spent a half hour trying to find my way?... plan 2, lick a stamp. Too bad I have to get writer's cramp with lousy penmanship and (whine, whine, whine!)
        So I'll wait for those "instructions", I guess.
        So much for keeping the URL for the member's-only survey confidential.(See above) Has nobody who runs the AMCA ever heard of passwords and members-only access?
        AFJ

11.48 am Mar.16
        Glad to see that somebody woke up to the need to try to remove the public posting of the Survey URL before too many people saw it.
        AFJ
        Last edited by AFJ; 03-16-2015, 10:50 AM. Reason: kudos to webkahuna

Comment

Originally posted by AFJ View Post
          So much for keeping the URL for the member's-only survey confidential.(See above) Has nobody who runs the AMCA ever heard of passwords and members-only access?
          AFJ

11.48 am Mar.16
          Glad to see that somebody woke up to the need to try to remove the public posting of the Survey URL before too many people saw it.
          AFJ
          Spose I should say "oops", but I really don't think it should matter. Anonymity/members only, and I wouldn't know a RUL from sick-'em.
          Why are we too timid to speak honestly (with civility) to others without anonymity?

Comment

Spose I should say "oops", but I really don't think it should matter. Anonymity/members only, and I wouldn't know a RUL from sick-'em.
            Why are we too timid to speak honestly (with civility) to others without anonymity?
            and, if a non-member wants to filter through all the options that come up on the page just to fill out a survey? way too much time on his hands.
            BTW, Bill, I licked a stamp. Sorry to have been a pain in the drain. Good luck with it all, and I still like your work!

Comment

Phil:

I suspect you were typing the link into a search engine like Google? I sent you a direct link by PM, but I understand you're sending in your paper response by postal mail, which is just fine.

For anyone else reading this, there are no multiple options that come up on a page. You can just type the link directly into the address bar at the top of your browser. This is the window all the way at the top of the screen that shows something starting with "www." Type the address there and it will take you directly to the AMCA survey. If you're not seeing it, send me a PM and I'll send you a link.

I can tell things are working because we are getting lots of responses--both online and by mail. Thanks to everyone who has responded so far, and please, keep your responses rolling in.

Bill Wood

Comment

Originally posted by wlwood View Post
                Phil:

I suspect you were typing the link into a search engine like Google? I sent you a direct link by PM, but I understand you're sending in your paper response by postal mail, which is just fine.

For anyone else reading this, there are no multiple options that come up on a page. You can just type the link directly into the address bar at the top of your browser. This is the window all the way at the top of the screen that shows something starting with "www." Type the address there and it will take you directly to the AMCA survey. If you're not seeing it, send me a PM and I'll send you a link.

I can tell things are working because we are getting lots of responses--both online and by mail. Thanks to everyone who has responded so far, and please, keep your responses rolling in.

Bill Wood
                Bill. I turn this thing on, get the screen-saver, then have to employ Safari (or Firefox) to get the options of google, or frequented sites. There is an empty bar at the top of the page that says "enter an address" or something, and this is where I type in "www........ 2015". Then, eleven different survey monkey sites come up, 2 of them with 6 choices each, 2 of them that mention AMCA, others that mean nothing to me. The AMCA-related sites ask me (on the first page) which person I would nominate for ... whatever.
                So it isn't working the same of some of us.

Comment

Bill. I turn this thing on, get the screen-saver, then have to employ Safari (or Firefox) to get the options of google, or frequented sites. There is an empty bar at the top of the page that says "enter an address" or something, and this is where I type in "www........ 2015". Then, eleven different survey monkey sites come up, 2 of them with 6 choices each, 2 of them that mention AMCA, others that mean nothing to me. The AMCA-related sites ask me (on the first page) which person I would nominate for ... whatever.
                  So it isn't working the same of some of us.
                  Phil:

Hmmm. I'm trying to reproduce this problem, using Chrome, Firefox and Safari, and I can't get those results. Every time I type in the web address and push enter, I go right to the survey. I wish I could see what you're seeing.

In any case, if anyone else is having trouble, please PM me and I'll reply with a direct link to the survey.

And thanks to everyone who has already responded.

Bill Wood

Comment

Originally posted by wlwood View Post
                    Phil:

Hmmm. I'm trying to reproduce this problem, using Chrome, Firefox and Safari, and I can't get those results. Every time I type in the web address and push enter, I go right to the survey. I wish I could see what you're seeing.

In any case, if anyone else is having trouble, please PM me and I'll reply with a direct link to the survey.

And thanks to everyone who has already responded.

Bill Wood
                    Bill,
                    Looks like Google tries to anticipate what he is going to type (from what he has already typed) and then selects what it thinks - or defaults to for some reason - and he ends up with a different URL or group of URLs. Not uncommon.
                    I was able to see it happening when I tried it a first time. On repeats the software "realizes what you really wanted" and may "correct itself" sooner or later.
                    Sometimes I think people who write these programs are too smart for their - and our - own good.
                    AFJ

Comment

I typed in exactly what was shown, and yes, the available selections were shown, but they included one with specifically the same address as I typed. Upon selecting that choice I got this:

..........!!!! (well I'll be a monkey's uncle!) no, I didn't get the survey, but I did get a page full of stuff that might have been including the survey site, but why? I edit/copy'd, then came here and attempted to paste, and what I pasted was not much like what I'd copied. So I erased it all so I wouldn't be giving up that ultra top-secret URL (rhymes with hurl!). .. now I'm wondering (but only for a minute) why the dang thing picked its own format on copy/paste
                      I think I burned my old Fortran IV book, so I won't be figuring this out.

Comment

Worked perfectly fine for me, no issues, no choices, just the survey. No more than a couple minutes and done.
                        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Originally posted by Rubone View Post
                          Worked perfectly fine for me, no issues, no choices, just the survey. No more than a couple minutes and done.
                          Using a mac laptop here, not very old. Got its last rectal just a few months ago.

Comment

Using a mac laptop here, not very old. Got its last rectal just a few months ago.
                            Using a Mac laptop, Safari and Google, I was able to duplicate the problem you are having. Seems Google wants you to upgrade and now doesn't want to converse fully with older Safari versions. This quirk shows up on earlier iPhones as well.
                            A sales tool approach, I'm told.
                            AFJ

Comment

I had no trouble getting into the survey using the old style Google server?

It seems to be a very comprehensive survey, I can see the logic/reasoning behind most of the questions, but it would have been nice if the membership had been given the opportunity to suggest other questions that could have been included.

Pete Reeves #860

Comment

they could have added, are you just in it to make a quick buck?
                                rob ronky #10507
                                www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

Working...
                                X