No announcement yet.

741 repair manual for a 1942

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way to go guys, this thread is cracking me up - well done.

Comment

Originally posted by c.o. View Post
      Ohhhh..... looks like yer hooked Chuck..

Going on 38 years of twisting the right hand throttle on street bikes......now....this left hand thing could be quite a bit to get the hang of to control the massave....what? 14-15 horse power.
      Chuck
      AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Made 2nd gear........finally

Drained the crank cases of the excess oil cleaned up the sump screen cleaned up the valve disc in the sump and this seems to have controled the mosquito eleminating devise that the 741 came with.......so far........fires up on the 1st or 2nd kick now it isn't on the road yet I still have to sort out the wiring for the lights.

In the mean time I need to find an air cleaner for the 741-m linkert carb in the picture below is what was used for an air cleaner.......I'm telling ya those damn left hand smokes were involved in this bike

Was riding it out back saturday and today I finally got it up to 2nd gear then had to shut it down field is a bit wet and rough......but it was still fun had to hose the mud and grass off of it.

Oh.......still working on the left hand throttle thing but begining to get the hang of that a little to.
        Attached Files
        Chuck
        AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Glad to hear things are coming together for you Chuck! Hey... your carb cover is quite the collectible! It'll be easy enough to find a round one that you can plug a foam filter in to keep that dreaded dust out........
          Cory Othen
          Membership#10953

Comment

Thanks Cory,

That is the plan to locate a round carb filter for it I know I have a couple Hd ones and some older after market ones not looking for anything new but that's next on the list.

What models would the carb cover plate fit, that I have shown in the photos?
            Chuck
            AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Your sickle just may have came stock with that cover... I've seen them on mid-thirties 30.50's and dispatch tows as well....
              Cory Othen
              Membership#10953

Comment

Working...
              X