Cut downs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cut downs

Hi Everyone, Hope you all had good holiday. I've had a few days to do some research on the early cut downs, and was thinking I had seen something in the club magazine about them maybe something about Sam Opie but I can't find anything. Maybe I saw it somewhere else I just can't remember.
    Mark Wang
    De Soto WI
    AMCA #2079

See the thread at http://www.caimag.com/forum/
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

cutdowns

I did that article a while ago in the AMCA magazine. The thread he sent you to was the photos I gave to Jedd at the Wingnuts blog to post. If you need info, photos, or info on the article im at drsprocket@softcom.net. Rich
      DrSprocket

Comment

Thanks guys, Rich what issue was the article in?
        Mark Wang
        De Soto WI
        AMCA #2079

Comment

cutdowns

I'll find it this week. 45 years on two wheels and they list me as junior. Go figure.
          DrSprocket

Comment

Junior

Originally posted by RichO View Post
            I'll find it this week. 45 years on two wheels and they list me as junior. Go figure.
            Hi Junior,
            I just have to take advantage of this opertunity! Richard, you've written so much great material, that it all seems to roll into one giant testimonial to all things good on 2 wheels. Together, with actually conversing with you on every facet mechanically, the details of the actual material tends to run all into the grand experience of it all. I guess we are so blessed to have you locally here in Nor Cal, although, I've never taken any of it for granted.
            I too, remember the Cut-down wisdom of your writings. However, it's an SF, Bay Area Lore that they are derived from the Long Beach area, and only pertain to JDs that have a shortened wheelbase, preferrably with a JDH engine? This is all Brand B stuff to me, as our stock Indians didn't need such modifications. But I can still admire the efforts of our sun-baked brethren down south.
            Richard, you well always be a Senior in my book. I say that with respect, and I must say that NO ONE has more HEART in this stuff than you do. I'm still getting over how severe you used to thrash that poor little 101 Scout on the Road Runs, and how it kept coming back for more. Then you offed her. Your Knuckle is cool, and that takes a lot from a true Flat enthusiast. Your wisdom in the printed word throughout the years has schooled us, and now it is becoming a reference. You should be honored.
            Happy New Year, RF.

Comment

Just keep posting Dr. Sprocket, they'll bump ya up to a senior in no time!!
              Cory Othen
              Membership#10953

Comment

It's just a numbers game. You become a senior automatically after 100 posts.

Howard

Comment

Originally posted by petri View Post
                  It's just a numbers game. You become a senior automatically after 100 posts.

Howard
                  If the "moderator" doesn't censor you to suit his own agenda and sign his own name, that is.

.....Cotten
                  AMCA #776
                  Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

cutdowns

Fred I'm blushing. Mark Wang the article was in the fall 2000 magazine, pages 30-31. If you can't locate the issue let me know and I'll provide you with xerox copies. Rich
                    DrSprocket

Comment

Rich, Thanks I found the issue, Fred, early Excelsiors were also cut down.
                      Mark Wang
                      De Soto WI
                      AMCA #2079

Comment

www.motorcyclecannonball.com

Comment

OK.............What are.... "Cut downs"

Comment

thanks for asking that john it saved me from doing the same.
                            Moose
                            aka Glenn

Comment

That's California talk for a bobber. Most often applied to a J model H-D.
                              Eric Smith
                              AMCA #886

Comment

Working...
                              X