Please be patient while some changes are made to the AMCA Forum's directory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please be patient while some changes are made to the AMCA Forum's directory

Hi Folks: I apologize for any inconvenience to you as you go to your regular forums. I am trying to provide appropriate line ups of forums so they make sense. It unfortunately can be a cumbersome process and I am finding my way around. Everything is still here and is in the same places it always has been you just may need to look a little harder until I get everything where it makes the most sense. My goal is to make things more intuitive and easier to navigate.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any problems. Also let me know if you have any suggestions for how to improve your forum.

Thanks

Mike Love
    AMCA Forum Moderator and Admin

Mike:
    Thank You for your hard work at keeping this forum going and up-to-date.

Comment

Mike thanks for the job you do for us.
      Pete
      Pete Cole AMCA #14441
      1947 Indian Chief

Comment

Mike, thank you for your tireless service, it is greatly appreciated.
        AMCA # 3233

Comment

Originally posted by ihrescue View Post
          . Also let me know if you have any suggestions for how to improve your forum.
          Mike, I'd like to suggest that somewhere on the forum header, footer, or other location that there's a link to to the main AMCA page!

Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Originally posted by pisten-bully View Post

Mike, I'd like to suggest that somewhere on the forum header, footer, or other location that there's a link to to the main AMCA page!
            I think that is a very good suggestion, Harry. Other-wise, great job, Mike !
            Eric Smith
            AMCA #886

Comment

Originally posted by pisten-bully View Post

Yes I like it and will find a way to add the link. The last week I have been learning even more about the functionality of our forum software. So hopefully what I have learned will help us improve some of the organization of the page.

Mike Love

Comment

I think the "groups" idea is the worst ever, might be time to check out here. Might as well be political parties...
                Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Originally posted by Rubone View Post
                  I think the "groups" idea is the worst ever, might be time to check out here. Might as well be political parties...
                  I agree with Robbie; the 'groups' idea is anathema to the very concept of a forum. The AMCA is always crowing about being inclusive, and receptive to new members. 'Groups' is a bad idea.
                  Eric Smith
                  AMCA #886

Comment

+1 here because I find value from knowing about all antique motorcycles, ditto on the photos...I like 'em all!
                    Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

I didn't even know there were "Groups" until I followed a "Latest Topic" post over to American Carb Group.
                      Learning about antique motorcycles and working on them sharing tech tips the stories and the photos I like these.

Visited the AMCA Fb site and it is good LOTS of pictures but IMO lacking the tech/maintainence/repair of this forum

Oh Wow just found the "Indian Group" 4 souls.
                      Last edited by PaulCDF; 05-22-2023, 08:54 PM.

Comment

I don't like to 'pile on' but now that there are at least two different Vintage Photo threads, I am less inclined to click on them. I liked the randomness of only one thread where you never knew what you'd get. I doubt anyone is so narrow minded that they only want to see photos of Harleys or Indians or whatever group they belong.
                        AMCA #41287
                        1971 Sprint SS350 project
                        1982 FXR - AMCA 98.5 point restoration
                        1979 FXS 1200 never done playing
                        1998 Dyna Convertible - 100% Original
                        96" Evo Softail self built chopper
                        2012 103" Road King "per diem"
                        plus 13 other bikes over the years...

Comment

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
                          Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Rubone View Post
                            I sure would hate to see anyone check out. I think it is good to look for ways to stay relevant and especially try to reach people for interest in the club and forum that haven't yet felt inclined. I think they are hearing from some AMCA members with some compelling arguments, not to change but to expand interest. I would encourage our esteemed Forum members to stick with it and see what happens. Throwing spaghetti agains the wall to see if it sticks is the way of seeking improvements. Hang in there.

Mike Love
                            AMCA Forum Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by joe fxs fxr View Post
                              I don't like to 'pile on' but now that there are at least two different Vintage Photo threads, I am less inclined to click on them. I liked the randomness of only one thread where you never knew what you'd get. I doubt anyone is so narrow minded that they only want to see photos of Harleys or Indians or whatever group they belong.
                              I hear you Joe. I think the Vintage Pics of the day is amazing. I am trying to build some exemplary content for example sake, whether it sticks as the original Forum - copied from American Iron forum topic sticks is not the issue. The issue is to show some of the best of the forum type content available and the way I know to do that is by demonstration. I can envision that offering new ways to interact on the forum will bring more members to the forum and more forum discussion and on-line content. One other area I hope can take off in the future is forum members writing full articles that promote our forum members highly knowledgeable experience, technical expertise and ability to tell detail rich stories. Articles are another means available in our forum software to interest current forum members and attract more AMCA members to the forum.

Mike Love
                              AMCA Forum

Comment

Working...
                              X