Please be patient while some changes are made to the AMCA Forum's directory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joe fxs fxr View Post

Yes, why can't the default be all members are all groups, and you can opt out?
    I believe that is the way it is, Joe!

We never noticed "Groups" because there's little or nothing there.

The only restriction I have encountered is to the AMCA home page because it no longer accepts my password. Two passwords is too much.

We opt out by ignoring the 'groups' button nobody found 'til now, just like we ignore Recent Blog Posts and the Tag Cloud.

...Cotten
    Last edited by T. Cotten; 05-24-2023, 02:48 PM.
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Originally posted by T. Cotten View Post

The only restriction I have encountered is to the AMCA home page because it no longer accepts my password. Two passwords is too much.

We opt out by ignoring the 'groups' button nobody found 'til now, just like we ignore Recent Blog Posts and the Tag Cloud.

...Cotten
      If the default is everyone is a member of all groups, why do we still have to join the group to comment on a post?
      AMCA #41287
      1971 Sprint SS350 project
      1982 FXR - AMCA 98.5 point restoration
      1979 FXS 1200 never done playing
      1998 Dyna Convertible - 100% Original
      96" Evo Softail self built chopper
      2012 103" Road King "per diem"
      plus 13 other bikes over the years...

Comment

Originally posted by joe fxs fxr View Post

If the default is everyone is a member of all groups, why do we still have to join the group to comment on a post?
        I just joined the 741 Indian group, Joe!

It took one click. There is still nothing in the group.

It seems to let me compose a post, though.

I'm going to just ignore 'Groups' unless I get a notification, and that feature is silly too.

....Cotten
        PS: I've never had a mobile phone, so I cannot imagine what navigating this site is like without a desktop.
        Last edited by T. Cotten; 05-24-2023, 03:28 PM.
        AMCA #776

Comment

Originally posted by T. Cotten;n31226PS
          : I've never had a mobile phone, so I cannot imagine what navigating this site is like without a desktop.
          I love a desktop computer with an actual, useable keyboard.
          Eric Smith
          AMCA #886

Comment

Originally posted by exeric View Post

I love a desktop computer with an actual, useable keyboard.
            Keyboards last a lot longer, Eric,

If you cover them with stretch wrap.

It keeps spilled coffee out.

....Cotten
            AMCA #776

Comment

Originally posted by Tommo View Post
              I think most of the knowledge that people look for on here is stored in old heads and most if not all of those old heads struggle with computors, I know I do, so if you want those old heads to participate here you need to keep things simple, easy to use and logical in operation.
              Because of the trouble I have with text getting split up when I load pictures I'm very close to joining those who are considering leaving.
              I've never used that group section and never will so I haven't had the problems other users are having but if those sort of problems get over onto the forum you'll lose me very quickly.
              My 2 cents worth anyhow.
              Anytime you run into problems with posting let me help you out. Contact me by email or here in the forum. We should be be able to get your info up on the forum the way you'd like it to be.

Mike Love

Comment

Originally posted by T. Cotten View Post

...Cotten
                Tom - I would suggest you do passwords for the AMCA like I do, I use the same password for the forum and the main AMCA member web page. AMCA Customer Service is really helpful at getting you a new password set up.

Contact for Customer Service
                Phone: (855) 398-8688
                CustomerService@AntiqueMotorcycle.org

Let me know if I can help with anything.

Mike Love

Comment

Originally posted by tomfiii View Post
                  Why are there threads that say...

"Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page."

I don't know Tom - I get the same thing and and have looked through all the settings and haven't figured it out.

Mike Love

Comment

Originally posted by tfburke3 View Post

So the plan is stick with the recent changes regardless of negative feedback because the forum is looking for ways to stay relevent and reach new people for interest in the club?
                    Im not sure how restricting access will accomplish this but perhaps explaining proposed changes to current participants and seeking feedback beforehand might be better recieved,but may maybe Im missing or did miss something.
                    Throwing spaggetti may be one way of seeking improvements but I dont think its THE way.
                    I also have no idea what appropriate line up of forums to make sense means.
                    Tom
                    Tom - to your question "I also have no idea what appropriate line up of forums to make sense means." I want to get all the forums organized so they are in the right places. I also want to make one place for admin and technical help so all the info need to help members use the forum is in one place.

I guess when I referred to spaghetti I wanted to promote being open to try new ways of doing things to see if we can improve it.

Mike Love

Comment

Originally posted by ihrescue View Post

Tom - I would suggest you do passwords for the AMCA like I do, I use the same password for the forum and the main AMCA member web page. AMCA Customer Service is really helpful at getting you a new password set up.

Contact for Customer Service
                      Phone: (855) 398-8688
                      CustomerService@AntiqueMotorcycle.org

Let me know if I can help with anything.

Mike Love
                      Jumped through too many hoops too many times already, Mike!

Main page is worthless to me anyway.

.....Cotten

AMCA #776

Comment

Originally posted by ihrescue View Post

Tom - to your question "I also have no idea what appropriate line up of forums to make sense means." I want to get all the forums organized so they are in the right places. I also want to make one place for admin and technical help so all the info need to help members use the forum is in one place.

I guess when I referred to spaghetti I wanted to promote being open to try new ways of doing things to see if we can improve it.

Mike Love
                        Thanks for reply Mike and the work you do.
                        Can you address post#25?
                        My only problem was reading a post and when trying to respond I was not authorized because its posted in a group.
                        Is it not a group if all forum members have access?
                        Tom

Comment

Working...
                        X