Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

using judged points to help sell a bike?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skirted View Post
    A lot can happen over 28 years so yea, referencing the points has little relevancy. I think the frame VIN was re-stamped
    I totally agree Skirted, those frame numbers are nice and straight and where they are stamped is nice and smooth, should be a rough cast finish there as seen on either sides of the numbers!. I have seen a lot of numbers on HD and Indian and often take photos for comparison use. These are very questionable. I have no problem with listing AMCA judging points at the time of sale the onus is always on the buyer!
    #7558 Take me on and you take on the whole trailer park!

Comment

My opinion, if the bike was judged (recently not 25 years ago) the favorable judging results are part of my sale listing. Why? It is a selling point. My 19?? bike was judged by the AMCA and received **** Award etc, etc. I do not believe it makes the AMCA responsible if I am a crook and changed half of the bike and removed all of the nice OEM parts after judging. In an honest world, presenting the bike as judged, the judging results should be a positive selling point. It also could be a reassurance to the buyer.

Now if I am the buyer, 100% you still need to do your research and know what you are buying. The judges are human and mistakes can happen. But why wouldn't I say "Winner's Circle" if the bike had achieved that level. You see listing all the time of bikes and cars that are multiple "trophy" winners. And they are talking about winning at the local Firehouse show.

Comment

Originally posted by T. Cotten View Post
        What other justification for judging is there, Harry?

....Cotten
        I have my bikes judged to have the opportunity to have experts give me constructive criticism to make it correct. I seldom sell a bike and I have never sold a bike I have had judged.
        Be sure to visit;
        http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
        Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
        Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

I am having a hard time imagining, Chris,...

Any judge that would know more about what is correct for your machines than you do!

Did you switch to imports?

....Cotten
          Last edited by T. Cotten; 04-19-2023, 01:15 PM.
          AMCA #776
          Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Working...
          X