X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1923 Harley

Originally posted by mcarver
    Mitch,
    That's what I wanted to hear, I thought it was an old restoration but I don't know the finer details. It did not look nos to me, besides that would be almost unbelievable. My guess is an older resto that was passed off to the current owner as nos...
    Any other HD experts want to weigh in?
    -Mcarver
    Well boys, I just cant resist sittin back and saying nothing on this "23" on ebay. I restored mine in the late eightys and still licence and ride it around a bit in summer. I went to lot of pain to keep it accurate. It does need the straight up pre 25 shift lever otherwise pretty darn correct I hope. In checking this baby in question on Ebay I too find many questionable items on it to add to what other alert fellas have also previously observed herein.... For example, notice the 1925 J model battery box with the relay mount on it and no "Battery Tag". No cut outs were used till 25, the buzzer was used as a warning to shut off the ignition. Brewster Gteen was the only color they come in unless you ordered Olive Green. However, three gold stipes was all there was offered that year. 1922 had two gold stripe only and 24 was the first year with Maroon striping that carried on for many years after, but should not be on a 23 model. The front forks, battery box and tool box are not striped in (3) gold either. Also notice the repop tank decals, no "made in USA' under the factory name, whuich should be clearly visible in 1/4" high gold print. The carb should be a model "H' with the "bombsite air horn and no intake duct/manifold. I believe a Deluxe could be ordered on them but the air horn was different. That head lamp is missing the ring retainer and lever operated switch below the focus screw so some one wired in a remote mounted switch on the centre of the handlebars, plainly visible if you follow the wires. Notice also no second "dimmer" bulb in the head lamp and the bezel is split open at the bottom. May be an eary teens lamp. The crankcase should also be painted the base color and the timing cover black finish not plated. Dont mean to bust anyones bubble but there is more but gotta stop at that cuz its still a beauty and if I didnt have one I'd be droolin, ha ha.. By the way, has anyone got a pre 25 shift lever? he he......The best to all.....Joe

Comment

Far nicer 1924 Harley JE on ebay at the moment # 4612859432

Comment

Partshunt,

Have the attached lever, not sure if it is an early clutch or gear lever (2 holes + mounting shaft hole ??), but the curve of the lever clashes with the curved side of a 25 teardrop tank.

Looking to swap for a good '25 gear shift lever.

Smarty
        Attached Files

Comment

Jury's is in! $32,000.

Louie

Comment

Working...
          X