1923 Harley on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1923 Harley on ebay

Anybody else see the '23 Harley on ebay?
    Seller says it has never, ever had gas in it or been run???? If so, quite a find. Maybe someone knows something about this particular one (I don't have the item number).
    No riding today, a few inches of new snow thanks to that darned rodent in Pennsylvania!
    Take care all,
    mcarver

Not a HD man, but that's fantastic if the story is correct. Facinating machine, and I only wish some one has a 1922 Power Plus in the same original condition that I could get a photo set from. Why didn't they have exploded view parts books in those days!

Best wishes.

Ken.

Comment

The item number is 4613185140
      I only wish I had some money it is a beauty

Comment

Sure is pretty, I'd like to see it in person, if it is original paint it looks to be better than the factory has! It going to take deep pockets to buy that one!

Louie

Comment

Any guess's how much this treasure will go for?

I say not over $35,000 ?

Comment

'23 Harley

I didn't read in the ad whether or not this is a restored bike or not. I hope it's not being passed off as a NOS machine because it certainly isn't. There are too many things wrong with it. The forks are from I believe a '24, the stalks holding the headlite are also a little later than '23. There's a wire coming out of the headlite shell that the focusing screw belongs in. The saddle is incorrect and what's up with the sheet metal pieces on the luggage rack? Worst of all though....the color and striping scheme is wrong for a '23. The "Brewster Green was much darker and the striping was gold lines....no red or black. Oh yeah....the engine cases were also painted Brewster green. The aftermarket kick pedal is kind of bogus too. Enough nit picking though. It's still beautiful. I have the correct sidecar step too....theirs is missing. Mitch

Comment

1923 Harley

Mitch,
              That's what I wanted to hear, I thought it was an old restoration but I don't know the finer details. It did not look nos to me, besides that would be almost unbelievable. My guess is an older resto that was passed off to the current owner as nos...
              Any other HD experts want to weigh in?
              -Mcarver

Comment

Mike, I was guessin' that it was an older resto also. Thanks Mitch for showing us the finer points. It's always great to confirm a hunch!

Did anyone see the '05 Indian Single on e-bay a few days ago? The guy claimed that he was in a hurry to sell it and would take $2500 for it!!! He had also just registered the day he posted his auction. He had an Oklahoma address, but when a fella I know took a run at the bike, the seller wanted the money shipped to England and wasn't even going to charge for shipping! I checked the auction the next day and it was gone and the seller was no longer registered with e-bay!!! I hope nobody sent him any money!!!! He had some great pics of the bike though. I'm thinking that it was already a museum piece somewhere......

Oh yeah, Mike I'm dealing with the ol' snow scenario up here too. I can't wait for the damn white stuff too disappear!!! It's either that or follow Harley creations lead and do the three-wheeler thing!!!!!

Comment

another detail

Ok kids, take a look at the pic showing the tank top tool box, did they get that shiny new bolt from a bin at Home Depot?? Looks like it to me. Also, look closely at some of the pics showing sheet metal and it looks to me like it has been color sanded and buffed... notice power buffer circular marks at the right angle and lighting, esp. on the sidecar front deck (or bow depending on your background).
                  C.O.
                  I didn't see the 05 Indian you mentioned, but about 10 years ago a guy called me (collect of course) from K. City, MO ( so he said). Story was he new of two Indians in mint original condition, a 1908 twin and mid 30s Four, both could be had for $40k, pronto! I said I would fly down there next available flight, meet up with him and we'd go buy them..... he started getting aggro and irritable and said the only way it would happen was I would wire him the money NOW and he would buy them and SHIP them to me! I said no way, I'll come down, then CLICK! end of call! NO Indians, but it's a good story, any others people?
                  Mcarver

Comment

I didn't want to say much, but I think you would have to store it in cosmoline, in the dark, since new to still look like that after 80 some years. I have an original paint 1920 that looks almost that good.............except most of the paint is missing........

Louie

Comment

Last week a guy named Michael, who claimed he was a truck driver from South Dakota, my state, called me about 2 Indians for sale at a moving sale in Dallas, Texas, from the caller I.D. it was a Texas cell phone. One was a 52 Chief and the other was a 37 Four, both for a $8500, and he would buy them for me if I was interested and deliver them in a few days as he also had a convertable Hemi Barracuda that he had just picked up for $18,000. He was going to his bank to check to see if he had enough funds for the transaction and guess what when he called back he was short $875. I asked him who his bank was and he said Wells Fargo, so I told him I could transfer funds directly into his account if he would give the number to me or have a friend that lives in Dallas meet with him and buy the bikes and he could keep his money and not hassle with the delivery. I told him to get the serial numbers, so that I could verify the year and models of the bikes, and he said that he would. I told him that if the deal went through I would pad his pockets generously and I had lots of cash waiting in hand. All of this happened over the the course of several hours and several phone calls thoughout the night and it was on a Thursday night, so I only had one day to get the funds before the weekend. He would have had 2-3 days jump on me getting the money and covering his tracks. At the end of the night it stood that he was going to get the serial numbers off of the good titles in the morning and call me back, of course during all of this there was another party waiting in the wings who wanted to buy the bikes, but this gentleman had first dibs. Could you imagine his surprise when I called him the next morning asking about the serial numbers and how he wanted the money? He said he was busy and would call me right back. He must be very busy createing a better scam as this one certainly didn't work. By the way when I asked him where I had met him, he said that I would recognize him by his truck. What is it with these people? Remember the golden rule in life, IF IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BER TRUE IT PROBABLY IS.

Comment

Sorry to dwell on the faults but this bike seems to have a Zenith carb. Best of my knowledge says never on a '23....only aSchebler.
                        Mitch

Comment

Head lamp rim looks like a bodged job too, although carb looks to be a Schebler "Type A" deluxe similar to my '25 HD.

Comment

ebaysss

talk about scammers,you should try and list a bike on ebay sometime,jeez. good thing i was born last week and not yesterday.carl,you gotta see the NOS 42 knuck i just found in the barn.but dont get any ideas,if i cant get 5 grand for it,i'm not sellin !!

Comment

I think you might be talking about the Excelsior you have for sale? I noticed you re-listed it. Pretty cool bike!!! Sorry to hear you got a dead-beat bidder. I guess it works both ways.........

Comment

Working...
                              X