No announcement yet.

"Worlds Fastest Indian"...new movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alan, was that a special sneak preview you attended up in Mass?

I'm anxious to see this film. It looks to be a good one and I hope it can attract enough general audiances to help sway other film makers to get on the ball and start telling stories of the great motorcycle legends.

Man I could really get behind a movie on the early Board Track racing era. Lets hope!! Hrdly

Comment

Your Lucky!

Wow! Alan, you are really lucky to have already seen the movie in America.

On "The Worlds Fastest Indian" new website, (see below), it says in bold letters, on the very first page that the movie will be "Arriving in U.S. Theaters on 02/03/06?"

http://www.worldsfastestindian.com/

Comment

I'd very much like to view Roger Donaldson's 1970 documentary on Burt. As a warm up before I see the hollywood film. Apparently it was made for TV.

Would anyone have a clue as to how I could get a copy of this? Should I call up Roger? Should I call the production Co. in NZ?

Anyone?

If you have a VHS copy could you send it to me -along with an SAE.

Comment

No Luck

AdminGuy -

You might be "out of luck." I did a search on Amazon and Ebay and they had nothing on that documentary -

"We found no results that closely match your search for: Roger Donaldson's 1970 documentarys of any kind - Amazon"

"No results that match your search for - Roger Donaldson's films or videos - Ebay"

Sorry

Comment

Ya ya, know that. The TV station may own it. Or Roger may have a copy kicking around. Either way - I really wanna see it.

If your going to reach out. You've got to do it alot further and harder than that.

Comment

Good Luck

Good Luck. Let us know how it goes for you.

Comment

I've got a copy but it's VHS. Can get you a copy of it if you think it's any good to you.
                Was lucky enough to be invited to the premiere of the movie. It's a beauty, don't miss it.
                Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year to All.

Regards Tommo.

Comment

Hey! Thanks Tommo. I'll watch and mail back. Or pay you for copy & postage.

I'll email you direct.

This would make a fun movie night for the tribe to huddle-up for a fire water pow-wow.

A Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you, and yours!

Comment

I got to see a special sneak preview.

My sister got an invitation to the show, which was put on by Mercury. They were showing off their new Milan sedan. We had to sit through a 10 minute talk before the movie -- but the guy mostly talked about the movie so it wasn't too bad. Plus we got free popcorn and hors d'oeuvres.

Luckily (for me) my sister isn't dating anybody right now, so I got to go along

-Alan

Comment

Lucky...Lucky....... I'm a little off the beaten path, so will have to wait until it's officially released......... Can't wait though......

Comment

New Website Up

"The Worlds Fastest Indian" movie website has been updated for American viewers. It's at -

http://www.worldsfastestindian.com

Comment

Yes, looks good!

But sadly an artist has used a modern Gilroy Indian Chief image for the flash navigation band on the bottom. A period correct Scout would be more appropriate I feel. What Burt accually started with.

Also VERY wrong is the little "modern japanese sport bike icon" used to measure load time of the flash navigation.

OK - so the designers of this site are not motorcycle people. Nuff said.

Comment

Speed Channel Advertisement

For the first time, there was just an advertisement for, "The Worlds Fastest Indian" movie, on the Speed Channel tonight, (1/17/06 - Tuesday), at 9:30 pm est.

It appeared during a break at the Barrett-Jackson live car auction and ran about 30 seconds.

Couldn't believe my eyes! Suddenly .... there was Anthony Hopkins, racing across the Salt Flats , on the Indian, with the narrator saying the movie would be in theaters across the country on February 2nd.

FINALLY!!!

Comment

I also saw the advertisement for the movie on SPEED. It sounds good from what people have said. Most of the movies now days from Hollywood are crap. I have not been to the movies for years. I will go see it.

Comment

Well Knuck, I'm thinking that this flick is going to be a good one. It's about time Hollywood put out a movie that the bike community can enjoy!

P.S. That hair has got to drive you nuts!!!! Har!Har!Har!

Comment

Working...
                                X