"Worlds Fastest Indian"...new movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Worlds Fastest Indian"...new movie

Check out the web page and trailer! Looks to be a good movie.

http://www.worldsfastestindian.com/

Louie

It does look cool Louie! Thanks for the post!

Comment

YES! I'm waiting for some kind fellow to send me a bootlegV from down under.

Failing that, it's out to the drive-in on the Indian.

Looks like I may have to update my QuickTime software for sound?

Comment

It loooks great!

Wow, the trailer of this movie looks GREAT!

Can you guys see when it is scheduled to be coming to
        the U.S.?

I see a release date in New Zealand and then
        Australia but not America?

Comment

That would be cool to pull up to a drive-in to see the movie with about 20 antiques, especially Indians (and a truck to haul the beer). Of who has drive-in's any more? None around hear!

Louie

Comment

Hi Louie, we still have one around here, doubt it that they would play this movie, but you never know.
            http://skylinedrive-in.com/

dave.

Comment

Movie Coming To America!

"The World's Fastest Indian," movie is coming to the U.S.!

I spoke today with Tom Quinn of Magnolia Pictures,
              the U.S. Distributor of, "The Worlds Fastest Indian."

He informed me that the movie would be released, in America,
              during January, 2006.

Roger Smith
              Clarkston, MI

Comment

Hey great!
                I'm going to ride out irregardless of the weather conditions. Maybe I could round up a small tribe.

Comment

its playing tuesday nov 8 in hollywood

at the AFI movie festival
                  25 bucks, but im way too impatient to wait til a possible release date

so if anybody in the LA area wants to go, heres the info

http://filmguide.afifest.com/tixSYS/...Z&ShowShorts=Y

Comment

despite what the media and certain websites say, the fully restored "REAL" munro special is indeed owned by tom hensley and his entire family in los osos california and it will be displayed at my antique motorcycle,scooter,and bicycle show this saturday november 5th. see my other post for info. axle.

p.s. bike was recently shown at a hot rod show in ventura california and it drew crowds all day. mr. hensley has photo albums that cover the bike from the early days, to its recovery and restoration, to today. very interesting! i cant wait to see the movie either.

Comment

Description of Movie

Thanks to Chopperdave, here (below) is a better description of this
                      world class motorcycle movie.
                      I hate to wait several months too, for the movie to make it to
                      the U.S. But flying from the midwest, to California to see
                      the movie is cost prohibitive.

It would be nice to be able to buy DVD's of the movie,
                      from some supplier, since it is already being shown
                      in other parts of the world ,(Australia and New Zealand.)

Based on the true story of Burt Munro, one of New Zealand’s national heroes,
                      THE WORLD’S FASTEST INDIAN
                      refers to the souped-up classic Indian Scout motorcycle
                      which carried Munro to his destiny in 1967, when he broke the world
                      land speed record on Utah’s Bonneville Salt Flats, a record which still stands to this day.

Getting on in years, the modest and slightly eccentric Munro (portrayed to perfection by Sir Anthony
                      Hopkins in all of his gentle, absent-minded genius) lives alone in a small New Zealand town, where he
                      obsessively tunes-up his motorcycle, much to the
                      fascination of the young boy next door. Munro has dreamed for much of his life of traveling to
                      Utah to challenge the world land speed record. Realizing that it’s now or never,
                      he decides to make the journey.

THE WORLD’S FASTEST INDIAN is as much about that journey, and the characters,
                      obstacles and opportunities that Burt encounters along the way, as it is about the challenge itself.
                      At every turn, Burt’s boundless kindness and vitality bring out the very best in people.
                      It is this eager and loving spirit that director Roger Donaldson—an expert on Burt Munro
                      and director of a 1971 documentary on the racing hero called
                      OFFERINGS TO THE GOD OF SPEED—brings to the screen in this remarkable film.

THE WORLD'S FASTEST INDIAN
                      DIR: Roger Donaldson
                      New Zealand , 2005 , 127 min
                      Based on a true story, New Zealander Burt Munroe (Anthony Hopkins) is obsessed with speed and his beloved souped-up Indian motorcycle. Getting on in years, he travels to the salt flats of Utah to attempt to set a world land-speed record, which still stands to this day.

Comment

Reviews of movie are in

From the New Zealand Century Movie Review - 11/10/05

"The World's Fastest Indian - Now showing in Australia and New Zealand"

"The World's Fastest Indian" is an unadulterated pleasure from start to finish that'll have you welling with national pride. It's a refreshingly old school portrayal of classic Kiwi values ably anchored by a remarkable lead performance from Anthony Hopkins.

The plot of "The World's Fastest Indian" embodies the making of the film itself - everything about it screams labour of love. It's easy to forget that Roger Donaldson has spent the last twenty years generating slick Hollywood product, (like "No Way Out," "Thirteen Days" and "The Recruit") - "The World's Fastest Indian" is a movie that you will want to see again and again.

Filled with exciting motorcycle speed scenes, it keeps viewers on the edge of their seats for the entire production.

We give the movie **** Four Stars out of Four!"

Comment

New info on the movie

Click on the below site for excellent information on "The Worlds Fastest Indian"
                          movie that is coming to the U.S. soon!!!

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...&showall=1%20.

Comment

Updated Website for Indian Movie

Check out the updated website for "The World's Fastest Indian" movie. It was changed, with added information, three days ago.

It has new pictures and new trailers of the movie.

http://www.worldsfastestindian.com/

Comment

I had a chance to see the movie in Cambridge Mass last Tuesday. The movie is everything people have been saying about it and more. It is a really good movie, PLUS it is about old motorcycles and old motorheads. Go see it however you can!
                              -Alan

Comment

Working...
                              X