AMCA Verification of Member Data??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay.

I have now thrown away the 4th yellow card and deleted the I don't know how many email.

Guess the easiest way to make it stop is to not renew my membership.

Comment

Also received and tossed yellow card #4 a couple days ago. If/when I renew, I'll bet the magazine will somehow find its way to my mailbox anyway.
      Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

I have also tossed # 4. This is annoying just like all those unwanted calls everyone keeps getting on phones. What part of we are not interested don't they get? We are now on page 10 of this thread. have they not read any of it or been made aware of it by our leadership or whoever gave the OK for this unwanted, uninvited solicitation. Maybe they are just like those unwanted phone callers, the markup on the product is so high that even if they only sell a few they are still hitting a home run.
        Jim D

Comment

Email came in this afternoon. They obviously have my mailing address and my email, the magazines arrive on a fairly regular basis, I don't think they need to know anything else. Their email says, "More than 90% of the members we've spoken with have confirmed revisions are necessary to their file." Really?!

I suspect the new "Directory" will consist of 12 pages, tops.

Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

It is all BS they are trying to get you to buy the book!

Comment

Originally posted by upsrod View Post
              It is all BS they are trying to get you to buy the book!
              As Nancy Reagan said: Just say 'no'.

I did, and they have left me alone.

A directory is pretty useless, except to marketers who want a targeted advertising list,.. or organized thieves.

....Cotten
              Last edited by T. Cotten; 08-19-2017, 11:12 AM.
              AMCA #776
              Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Originally posted by T. Cotten View Post
                As Nancy Reagan said: Just say 'no'.

I did, and they have left me alone.

A directory is pretty useless, except to marketers who want a targeted advertising list,.. or organized thieves.

....Cotten
                Cotton hit the nail on the head.

Comment

Well, I am not a marketer nor a thief, organized or otherwise, and I found the roster helpful. I understand the point but that is not true in all cases and I'm sure there are those here that agree. I do agree that what we are being offered is not what I have advocated for the last 3 years at AMCA President s meeting. I just want what we used to have and for those that don't want their info published in it, there was a opt out if you wanted too. I did say no to the "yearbook" and have also declined to add a picture for my profile. I know what I look like and sometimes it at ain't so pretty. I try to choose my contacts and friends carefully and hope they do the same. Some folks will talk to anybody. I am not one of those. Nothing against those folks but sometimes too much information is well just too much information. I have never received unsolicited requests from the AMCA until this persistent campaign to sell this product. I think the Board is well aware of how the majority of the members feel on this issue but when they narrowly voted to go through with this I think they were sold a bill of goods as to how well this would go. I also think the publisher now realizes this isn't going to be a money maker for them and are desperate to try to salvage anything thing they can out of it. I would venture to say they will never do this this again with the AMCA and that is fine as I don't think it was a good fit to start with. We are not the BMW or Gold Wing club ( nothing against them as a lot of members ride those too) and our members don't necessarily want the things those guys want. Some of our members are members of those clubs as well so they get it through them.

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
                  AMCA #12766

Comment

I don't let it bother me, just go from the mail box to the recycle pail
                    Kevin Valentine 13
                    EX-Chief Judge

Comment

• Got a Past Due Notice from this Bullshit mailing while I was out doing a 500 mile round trip to the Empire Chapter Meet in Brookfield NY on my Knucklehead... thankfully they gave me a Deadline Extension! I better call right away or I might not be able to ride my old bikes anymore... oh... wait... this has nothingto****indo with me riding old motorcycles... enough already...

Comment

• Oh **** I used the F word... and was automatically censored by the Forum... I even tried to disguise it... sorry if I offended anyone... (not really)

Comment

• Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                          Oh **** I used the F word... and was automatically censored by the Forum... I even tried to disguise it... sorry if I offended anyone... (not really)
                          Well, Hollywood,...

If you got an overdue notice, you must not have said 'NO!'

And it will be hard to encourage many ladies to participate upon this forum if language gets foul. Nor the youngsters we need badly.

....Cotten
                          Last edited by T. Cotten; 08-21-2017, 08:49 AM.
                          AMCA #776

Comment

• Sorry Cotton... Funny... I was actually using your foul language format in my post...example "selfservingschoolgirlbullybitches" to incorporate my foul language... guess I incorporated the wrong curse word... lesson learned...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                              Sorry Cotton... Funny... I was actually using your foul language format in my post...example "selfservingschoolgirlbullybitches" to incorporate my foul language... guess I incorporated the wrong curse word... lesson learned...
                              Unfortunately, and sadly, Hollywood,...

Youngsters today can relate better to my notion than yours.

I apologize if I bullied you!

....Cotten
                              PS: At least my post got through the filter.. But I shall be more careful in the future.
                              Last edited by T. Cotten; 08-21-2017, 09:41 AM.
                              AMCA #776

Comment

• You funny.... you big bully.. I'm done boring the folks with our fun... catch you on the next topic...

Comment

Working...
                                X