No announcement yet.

AMCA Verification of Member Data??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Facebook page was started again this morning, a few comments were made-good natured for the most part, nothing hateful. Then after a couple hours it's gone. Removed. Censored. For the second time in two days.

I doubt the The Club had anything to do with its removal, more likely just an over-zealous member acting as admin on the AMCA page.

I have felt that this entire fiasco has been fairly humorous up til now, an unfortunate mistake. But when censorship is involved, that is no longer humorous, that is serious.

What else will we NOT BE ALLOWED to mention?
    Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

• Originally posted by frichie68 View Post
      ..... What else will we NOT BE ALLOWED to mention?
      Ooohhhhh, that's easy! Violent bullying Chief Judges who abuse their power!! That's what!

(Clock starts ticking until THIS comment is removed......)

Comment

• I tried the facebook thing,administrator is a............My mother always said if you don't have anything nice to say about someone,dont say anything at all

Comment

• The biggest issue on the FB page is that it is open to anyone, members or not, so it is full of nonsense unrelated to the club..or antique bikes for that matter...
          Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

• I've tried to refrain from commenting even though I have received as many cards as everyone else, but now they are coming weekly and it is quite humorous. I wish I had stock in the USPS if there is such a thing, I wonder if our overseas members are getting as many 'notices' or is it just the mainland customers. Is it worth their costs to send cards overseas or is it affordable just here in the colonies? I would have kept them from the beginning if I would have known I would have enough to wallpaper a room with. What is the number limit on sending, will it be 20 till they quit or will it be like the mail I get for my Dad's 2nd wife he divorced in FL and hasn't seen since 1984, but for some reason I now get mail for her in OH 33 years later. Crazy $hit, cut the trees down and fill up the dumps with waste, all for the $. I'm done, have a great fall weekend.
            Bob Rice #6738

Comment

• The cards are less annoying than the phone calls.Got #2 call today."not provided" on caller id ,but I picked up when I saw they were leaving message which gave a number to call.
              Hope its the last one.
              I wonder whos getting my info next.
              Tom

Comment

• I've gotten another email or two about this, but still no cards in the mail.

Eventually they'll have to quit the postcard/email/phone call thing because they'll actually have to publish something with the information they have. Who knows when that day will be! Of course then we're probably all going to get hit up again to buy one!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rubone View Post
                  The biggest issue on the FB page is that it is open to anyone, members or not, so it is full of nonsense unrelated to the club..or antique bikes for that matter...
                  I stopped looking at it after seeing some guy earnestly post that loud pipes save lives, it was just the last in a long line of nonsense on there for me.
                  Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

• #8 showed yesterday. Lol

I visit the fb page just for parts.
                    AMCA #765

Comment

• Dammitt I only got 7 so far, I feel neglected and unloved! I don't answer calls from unknown numbers, if they called they didn't bother to leave a message.
                      As many members as they've hassled and ticked off, the All-New-And-Improved hard-back $100 roster will only be 12 pages......
                      Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

• Whut..... ??
                        You mean loud pipes DON'T save lives....??
                        Ah, come on....

Comment

• Originally posted by BigLakeBob View Post
                          I wonder if our overseas members are getting as many 'notices' or is it just the mainland customers.
                          None yet Bob, and hopefully it stays that way!

Comment

• I think only the cheap seats (lower paying members in the U.S.) are getting the cards, calls & emails.
                            Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

• Originally posted by frichie68 View Post
                              I think only the cheap seats (lower paying members in the U.S.) are getting the cards, calls & emails.
                              I would wonder if that is really true, would not surprise me if it was?

Comment

• I'm with you. I am Not Calling. Over the last 25 Years at the AMCA every time they did a member directory verification, you could do it with the card or online.
                                Not Now? Why? Because they Want to Talk to you and try to Sell you something.
                                And of course the excuse is "We are gathering new information that we don't have...". And I don't want to give you that New Information either.
                                Listing of your Bikes? Come On Man.

My Email today said I only have 5 Days to CALL. So maybe the emails will stop?

IMO the Board got sold a bill of goods, trying to get the Membership Directory Printed for free. This is the COST of FREE.
                                Maybe some real input from Members in the future, will help the Board make better decisions. IF they only would ask?
                                Stop the Bean Counters from running the show.
                                Just like they Lost the AMCA Non-Profit Tax Exempt status.

AMCA #509

Comment

Working...
                                X