3 Silver Sands pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Silver Sands pics

I've been a bit surprised that no one has posted pictures of the Silver Sands meet. Usually you'll get 50 pictures of a two bit swap meet at a bar, with only one panhead. Maybe everyone is still in transit. Anyways; I took 3 pictures, and I did get a picture of a panhead

Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

I believe the asking price on the green pan was $58,000.00!

Comment

I see $58,500 in the photo.

Thanks for the photos Eric. Would that Thor be an '11?
      Cory Othen
      Membership#10953

Comment

I don't know the year of the Thor Cory. I thought it was a beautiful bike, and I love the Neverout headlight.
        Eric Smith
        AMCA #886

Comment

Originally posted by exeric View Post
          I've been a bit surprised that no one has posted pictures of the Silver Sands meet. Usually you'll get 50 pictures of a two bit swap meet at a bar, with only one panhead. Maybe everyone is still in transit. Anyways; I took 3 pictures, and I did get a picture of a panhead

Thanks for posting meet pics.
          It would be nice if the club had some sort of official photographer/historian to document the meets and Road Runs.Maybe an interview with club officials at the meet,officials or members of the hosting chapter and meet activities such as winner circle bikes,vendor action ,road run video etc.
          If this is to much for the club to undertake perhaps they could ask for member submissions of meet history and award something for the best submission,then put it in the meet archives for all to enjoy.
          Tom

Comment

I think that is a great suggestion Tom. Like you said, if there was an incentive, or recognition for someone to make that effort of documentation, I think there would be some interested people. Most of us have our heads burried in a box of rusty old junk while the camera sits in the car. Personally, I am always appreciative of people who take pictures at our meets and go to the trouble of putting up pictures. However, my 3 measly picture don't qualify for that recognition. Obviously, I could have taken a few more pictures
            Eric Smith
            AMCA #886

Comment

It was a spectacular day. March, and most of April are the premier months here in Florida; you just have to put up with 10 bajillion tourists.
              Eric Smith
              AMCA #886

Comment

The Sunshine Chapter website has pics posted on their site for past meets. 2014 not posted yet.

http://sunshineamca.org/index.html

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Swan View Post
                  great bikes and green leaves and grass !
                  "green grass and high tides.............."

Comment

I was over at meet x thurs and friday heard storys of trucks stuck in mud pics anyone paul g bergeron minot maine 7989

Comment

Here are some I took. Notice the electric start on the VL. Also only seen a van get stuck on Friday.
                      bike week 14 022.jpgbike week 14 023.jpgbike week 14 010.jpgbike week 14 021.jpgbike week 14 012.jpg

Comment

Great photos Don! That Yale is a beaut!
                        Cory Othen
                        Membership#10953

Comment

Howdy chaps,

That's Larry Wood's E start VL next to my my Knuckle in front of Rocky's, quite a hit among the assembled, sold that weekend. Yeah Kevin Valentine got "lightly" stuck - not sunk to the rocker panels mind you - it was just any touch of the gas pedal would shower prospective good Samaritans from the ankles down with mud so he elected to await for an assist from a four wheeler.
                          Cheerio,
                          Peter
                          1950 Vincent - A Red Rapide Experience

Comment

I was there from Wednesday night till sat afternoon, I personally witnessed 1 big motor home with a trailer get pulled out by not one (too small) but two very big tow trucks , also seen the john deere pull 4 different units out from being stuck my personal opinion is that this is not a very good grounds to hold a motorcycle event, it is very good grounds for horses , but not a motorcycle swap meet , for one there is hardly no concrete or black top , only one shower that had a very sandy floor, the biggest covered area or pavilion is a dirt floor, but my biggest complaint is the lay out of the grounds the biggest area of the hole place is the stables that take up the middle of the grounds so you have to walk around a big dead area of nothing , and man did they ever fudge my spaces up , I will not be getting a space there next year, also like to add that they assured us no tax man, well I got a tax form with my packet ?? , just my opinions see you at oley, Jamie sharp amca 12632 .

Comment

Working...
                            X