Magazine- Spring 2012 Issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fabercycle View Post
    I'm so glad that 4 times a year I can look on here a keep track of who gets they're magazine.........thank goodness for the internet.
    ....and the bulk mail system who without we would hear no bitching about magazine mailings.......
    Louie
    FaceBook >>>Modern Antique Cycle
    Blog Site >>> http://louiemcman.blogspot.com/
    YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Comment

I don't care if mine comes late. Except that there is no point in reading the classified advertisements in the back of the magazine. All the bikes and the parts have been sold two weeks before my issue gets here. Why doesn't the editor just email all the ads to AMCA club members on the day that the magazines are mailed?

Comment

I received my magazine weeks ago, right after it was mailed and all is great! Yet another great issue! Keep up the great work AMCA and especially all the local chapters! Lets work together and keep it rolling forward, with warm wind in our faces!
        P.S. Anyone planning on a trip to the Denton swap and show?

Comment

Originally posted by pete @ occhiolungo View Post
          I don't care if mine comes late. Except that there is no point in reading the classified advertisements in the back of the magazine. All the bikes and the parts have been sold two weeks before my issue gets here. Why doesn't the editor just email all the ads to AMCA club members on the day that the magazines are mailed?
          That's exactly the point. How are the magazines posted to Europe ? Nbr 4/2011 reached me 2 months after the first members reported having rcvd it in the US. Thought it was lost and claimed another issue, which reached me 2 weeks before the regular.... ? So something is going wrong.

Thomas
          AMCA Member #16550
          My Blog

Comment

arrived southern ontario canada today - and a great day at that cold, windy, rain/snow mix, can read today and not miss the nice weather outside

aka HAWG
            1914 EXCELSIOR BELT DRIVE SINGLE
            1914 excelsior belt drive single carcuss
            1940 indian chief military
            1965 sportster xlch
            1969 sportster xlch bobber
            1971 bsa A65 chopper
            1969 harley ss350 sprint
            1960 harley topper
            1963 harley topper
            H model whizzer on cheiftain bicycle
            H model whizzer on schwinn bicycle
            1949 harley model 125 bobber project
            1959 harley model 165
            1960 harley super 10
            1974 indian 70cc dirt bike
            EXCELSIOR - ALWAYS MAKES GOOD

Comment

Originally posted by aka HAWG View Post
              arrived southern ontario canada today - and a great day at that cold, windy, rain/snow mix, can read today and not miss the nice weather outside

aka HAWG
              Arrived in Central Ontario today (March 29th) - when were these mailed from Maple Grove, MN, USA to take 3 weeks? Or is it because the Address label is stuck on so close to the bottom of the envelope that the sorting machine cannot read the label and they are rejected and have to be hand sorted?
              AFJ

PS. A check of Canadian Postal standards confirms that the mailing label was, in fact, too close tot he bottom of the envelope and too close to the right hand edge of the envelope to be capable of being read by the automatic reading and sorting machinery. AJ
              Last edited by AFJ; 03-29-2012, 02:29 PM. Reason: added info

Comment

Originally posted by AFJ View Post
                Arrived in Central Ontario today (March 29th) - when were these mailed from Maple Grove, MN, USA to take 3 weeks? Or is it because the Address label is stuck on so close to the bottom of the envelope that the sorting machine cannot read the label and they are rejected and have to be hand sorted?
                AFJ

PS. A check of Canadian Postal standards confirms that the mailing label was, in fact, too close tot he bottom of the envelope and too close to the right hand edge of the envelope to be capable of being read by the automatic reading and sorting machinery. AJ
                That's very interesting AJ. I waited nearly to the end of January to get the winter issue. The first one never showed up but the next one arrived in a timely fashion. I'm still waiting on the spring issue. I don't know how many magazines are printed each time but having to send out two copies in order to get one cannot be cost effective.
                Cory Othen
                Membership#10953

Comment

Cory the same thing happened to me here in Manitoba on the last issue. As of today the 29th , no issue. If it's the label then I hope the powers to be read this thread and make the correction.
                  Ross

Comment

Originally posted by Ross View Post
                    Cory the same thing happened to me here in Manitoba on the last issue. As of today the 29th , no issue. If it's the label then I hope the powers to be read this thread and make the correction.
                    if it's the label you need to tell them. the us post just drops it's mail at the border .they don't tell the company mailing out the mag. how to deal with foreign post.
                    i does suck having to wait. somebody needs to call people mag. and see how the get whitney's funeral photos in your mail box 5 minutes after it's over.
                    rob ronky #10507
                    www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ross View Post
                      Ross,
                      I have informed Bill Wood of the possible label location problem, Canada Post's guidelines for the location and a picture of the envelope which my AMCA magazine came in (showing the mailing label in the wrong position) and he replied that he has a meeting scheduled with a rep. from the printing firm to discuss the problem. There have been a number of slow deliveries to other Canadian members as well.
                      Al Johnson (AFJ)

Comment

Thank-you for identifying the problem and reporting it Al. Hopefully this will resolve things.
                        Cory Othen
                        Membership#10953

Comment

Still no for me, yet my friend 5 miles away got his 2 wks ago....So glad the AMCA went with the new program...
                          AMCA #765

Comment

Thanks Al for making a report. For many years delivery was never an issue. Hopefully it can be corrected. I DO ALWAYS GO TO THE WANT ADS FIRST BUT WITH ALL THE "DOCK OF THE BAY'' SITES IT SEEMS THE WANT ADS AREN'T ON EVERYONE'S PRIORITY LIST. My main issue is that I wait patiently for what I believe to be the best READ in the world...at least in my end of it.
                            Ross

Comment

Ads are on this web site.
                              http://www.antiquemotorcycle.org/bbo...hp?91-For-Sale
                              Be sure to visit;
                              http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                              Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                              Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Haynes View Post
                                Am I doing something wrong? This web site's ads SHOULD include the mag's pages on a prompt date that is relative to the mag's publication/shipping date, .. for the benefit of those that wait weeks to beat the other ad responders, or at least compete on a more even grade.

The web site's ads are nearly wasted space.

Comment

Working...
                                X