Magazine- Spring 2012 Issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magazine- Spring 2012 Issue?

Anyone receive their Spring 2012 magazine issue as of yet?
    Just wondering.

Got mine yesterday 3.12
    Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Me too. March 12

Comment

Would be nice, if the magazine would not need again 2 months to reach Europe....:-(

Thomas
        AMCA Member #16550
        My Blog

Comment

Dear All, is it correct that my bikes are on the cover this time? If so could someone post a picture for me?

Comment

Got mine yesterday !
            Rick Stambaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Slocombe View Post
              Dear All, is it correct that my bikes are on the cover this time? If so could someone post a picture for me?
              Steve, we missed you here in Florida this year. Looking forward to seeing your bikes on the Antique Motorcycle.
              Eric Smith
              AMCA #886

Comment

Steve:

Yes, all that work we put into getting your bikes out of the meet site, across the road, up the wet grassy hill and posed in front of the old brick house in the mist paid off. Here's a look at the cover, which I hope will be arriving in England soon.

Bill Wood

AMCA Spring 2012 Cover.jpg

Comment

Dear Bill, wow, two 1936 Harley VLH Police 80 cubic inch flatheads on the Spring magazine cover, and one of them Playmate of the Month for April on the AMCA Calendar. How much better can it get? It makes the near heart attack from pushing a quarter ton bike uphill on wet grass seem almost worthwhile. Many many thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Slocombe View Post
                    Dear Bill, wow, two 1936 Harley VLH Police 80 cubic inch flatheads on the Spring magazine cover, and one of them Playmate of the Month for April on the AMCA Calendar. How much better can it get? It makes the near heart attack from pushing a quarter ton bike uphill on wet grass seem almost worthwhile. Many many thanks.
                    What are the Odds of 2 Bikes not starting up & having to be "PUSHED " uphill, That sucks, They look great !!!
                    Ride Em Don't Hide Em !!!!

Comment

Seeing that cover art really has me chomping at the bit to get my issue. My grandfather was a California Highway Patrol motorcycle officer in the late thirties, but I've only got a couple of pictures of him in uniform and with his bike. I'm excited to see the great looking bikes you've got there Steve, thanks for sharing them with us.
                      Eric Olson
                      Membership #18488

Comment

Spring, 2012, issue of The Antique Motorcycle hit my mailbox today, March 14th. Nice VLHs on the cover.
                        Last edited by Sargehere; 03-14-2012, 02:53 PM.
                        Gerry Lyons #607
                        http://www.37ul.com/
                        http://flatheadownersgroup.com/

Comment

Here are the new CHP bikes comin' down the line.
                          Be sure to visit;
                          http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                          Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                          Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

California Highway Patrol founder Les Manning on lightweight Cleveland (set world 24 hour endura.jpgCHP 2.jpgCHP 6.jpgCHP 4.jpgCHP 5.jpg
                            Originally posted by Chris Haynes View Post
                            Here are the new CHP bikes comin' down the line.
                            Thanks Chris. I was looking through some old posts for info on Highway Patrol bikes and I saw some of the other great images you have. Lots of good stuff as always. I found an old book on the histroy of the CHP and it seems like many of the early years involved motorcycles. Images featuring several different manufactures were present, though not all the bikes were official Highway Patrol bikes. Here's a few tasty tidbits from the book. The first image is accompanied by "California Highway Patrol founder Les Manning on lightweight Cleveland." It says he set a 24 hour non-stop world endurance record on this bike in the early 1920's. Also, if anyone has a Tri-motor maybe Steve can recreate that one and get another cover shot!
                            Eric Olson
                            Membership #18488

Comment

Great pictures guys, and Eric I'm interested in any photos of your grandfather on a 1930s CHP bike. Chris' picture probably shows 1934 bikes being assembled, judging from the one-year muffler. And the Ford Trimotor picture seems to show a few 1928/9 JDs with the round front toolbox. In other Police pictures it seems commonplace to repaint bikes of various years to get them all to look the same. And for 450Z, of course those two bikes ran, as they were judged at the meet.

Comment

Working...
                              X