No announcement yet.

old photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think that is a Star bicycle with the small wheel in front. I've seen pictures of people riding them safely down long staircases. They are much safer to ride the the ordinairy's.
    Louie
    FaceBook >>>Modern Antique Cycle
    Blog Site >>> http://louiemcman.blogspot.com/
    YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Comment

• Originally posted by Perry Ruiter View Post
      I agree there's a couple Brits on the back, but are you sure the fellows you tagged as GIs are American? I took them to be Fallschirmjäger which used a cut-down version of the German helmet, which makes the Brits captured (they don't appear to have any weapons) ... Perry

I see it as two american GI's (one wearing a recently aquired german helmet) and their british buddies screwing around on their recently liberated german toy. Perhaps this was taken right at the end of the war or in a secured area and they are on R&R. This could be the reason there appears to be no weapons. Just my 2 cents worth...
      20scout

Comment

• Originally posted by jurassic View Post
        hey cory ,i picked this unit up a few winters ago.i've always wanted to build an american version of the kettenkrad.i've been studying the transmission drive ,and i think its possible to graft half a knuck onto the front of this rig.someday i'll find the time.
        That would be a hoot to play in the snow with! Heck it would be fun in all weather conditions....
        Cory Othen
        Membership#10953

Comment

• Originally posted by exeric View Post
          My wife thinks the policeman is standing on a podium with his left leg, and has his right leg propped on the KJ saddle. I've seen Bahamian traffic cops on podiums. To me, it looks like he's levitating in a sitting position. I love this picture and of course the Henderson is icing on the cake.
          I think the Mrs. is likely correct on her assumption. It sure looks as though his left foot supported by something other than that upright Henderson...

That's a great pic Scott! Thanks for posting it!
          Cory Othen
          Membership#10953

Comment

• Originally posted by Perry Ruiter View Post
            Not a Kettenkrad like concept, but here's a video of a guy that put a panhead motor into a snowmobile ... Perry
            I really got a kick out of that one Perry. It would be a real risk riding a rig like that in my neck of the woods. That beast would get you buried in an avalanche right quick...
            Cory Othen
            Membership#10953

Comment

• "Tommy Gun" Pic

TST, I saw that ad in one of my gun mags. I thought it was rather ironic that they were playing up the "Amereicam Icon" aspect of the Thompson, with a picture of a soldier on a British bike. Guess they haven't seen any of the pics of soldiers with Thompsons on HDs.
              Doug.
              Doug McLaughlin #6607
              NorCal, USA

Comment

• Snomochines

Originally posted by Perry Ruiter View Post
                Not a Kettenkrad like concept, but here's a video of a guy that put a panhead motor into a snowmobile ... Perry
                I like the Pan snowmobile, I wish the audio on that clip was better. After I watched it, I looked at the related vids and saw one called modeltfordsnowmobile.com Several minutes into this vid, there's a short bit of video of one of the Indian powered sleds. The T's are pretty cool too!
                Doug.
                Last edited by D.Mac; 12-14-2009, 02:13 PM. Reason: Misspell.
                Doug McLaughlin #6607
                NorCal, USA

Comment

• Comment

• Nice shot of LBJ as a young lad!
                    AMCA #3149
                    http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Luland View Post
                      Nice shot of LBJ as a young lad!
                      You nailed it Bob! Except, LBJ started drinking bourbon at that age and I don't see a bottle.
                      Last edited by exeric; 12-14-2009, 05:24 PM.
                      Eric Smith
                      AMCA #886

Comment

• L B J photo

Originally posted by Scott Parker View Post
                        "The bottle's in the saddle bag",Ya gotta have pretty tall boots 'cause it gits deep in these parts!
                        Ken S., # 6457
                        1926- H-D BAF-Peashooter
                        1954-H-D Panhead

Comment

• Cory Othen
                          Membership#10953

Comment

• I know we got an extra wheel here but I couldn't resist.......

Cory Othen
                            Membership#10953

Comment

• auto ped

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X