No announcement yet.

old photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I was a betting man I reckon I'd put money on the fact that the 2 posters behind the bikes are smaller versions of the bigger one in the window and if you use your imagination you might reckon that the image in the circle of the left poster is that of a lady with fairly long dark hair astride some sort of bicycle or motorcycle.
    Is 25c a reasonable entry fee for a 10 race meeting or is some sort of discount being offered because it is a ladies day.
    I suppose I've opened myself up for howls of protest from any women members here.
    Peter Thomson, a.k.a. Tommo
    A.M.C.A. # 2777
    Palmerston North, New Zealand.

Comment

• Holy Cow talk about not paying attention! Kodaks is indeed quite prominent if your looking for the word. I was straining my eyes for cameras! By any chance does anyone else see the doll in the window to the left of the Kodak writing?
      Cory Othen
      Membership#10953

Comment

• sporting goods?

Originally posted by c.o. View Post
        Try as I might I can't see KODAKS. The glare on the window makes it tough but we've got a race poster that you can go and see 10 races for a quarter. At the bottom of the window I believe I can make out the tail-end of motorcycles. I can't quite see the start of the letters because the bikes are overlapped. We've got us a bicycle and I'm not sure what the black contraptions hanging on the wall are. I can't make out the banner or the other two posters but if this is a motorcycle shop, they are strategically located as it looks like loans are available next door.........
        Cory,
        To me it looks like the sign at the bottom of the window says,"Sporting Goods & Bicycles", to the right in the background I see juggling pins and dumbells,and long guns,(shot guns or rifles),can not make out what the pennant on the left side says.
        Ken
        Ken S., # 6457
        1926- H-D BAF-Peashooter
        1954-H-D Panhead

Comment

• Yup... I zoomed in on the photo and stood back from the computer and I'd agree that definitely says Sporting at the front.... so it's likely that it says Goods behind it..... Good eye Ken! Thanks for bringing this up Louie this picture has helped me pass some time on this cold winter day!
          Cory Othen
          Membership#10953

Comment

• Looks like the boys might be twins on their identical machines and could possibly have been related to Ringo Starr.

Comment

• The one on the left does look like Ringo.......

Thanks to Gary for the racin' pic!

Cory Othen
              Membership#10953

Comment

• Comment

• Check this out on ebay , don't know whether the pic will come out but suitable for this post , nothing to do with me , Ken , Indian sled 360216598507

javascript:;
                  Ken

Comment

• hope pics have come out , Ken
                    Attached Files
                    Ken

Comment

• Here is the link for the sled on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vintage-Indian...item53de9517eb And here is a website with lots of info and photos of the sleds.http://www.eliason-snowmobile.com/gallery/gallery2.htm

Comment

• That is unbelievable. That maybe the only original one in the world. And great condition too. Dale Walksler and the Springfield museum have restored ones and my friends in Calgary sold an engine in the summer. I have a complete engine and trans serial number 52. I was told many years ago that 60 were produced. I wonder what the serial number is on the ebay one? It will have FWD plus 2 digits. ( stands for four wheel drive)
                        Ross

Comment

• That thing is so cool! Talk about a resto prodject. I wouldn't know were to begin if that baby was sitting in my facilty. I mean I'd drive five hours to find the snow to use it in. Bob L
                          Last edited by Robert Luland; 12-11-2009, 05:18 PM.
                          AMCA #3149
                          http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

• robert you buy that and i will make you the snow!
                            rob ronky #10507
                            www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

• I'll echo Ross....that is incredible! I always thought it would be pretty cool to bomb through the snow on one of those big ol' toboggans! Thanks for digging that up Ken!
                              Cory Othen
                              Membership#10953

Comment

• Cory, if I lived in Canada or the northern U.S. I would consider making a snow tobaggan as a winter project. It would be fun to copy one of the photos we've seen on this thread. Of course I'm assuming you have nothing better to do, have tons of money, old motors, and a complete machine shop at your disposal. . . . Just like I should make a jet ski out of that old Panhead motor I have. They would find your body in the spring thaw and mine would be lost at sea.
                                Eric Smith
                                AMCA #886

Comment

Working...
                                X