No announcement yet.

old photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone willing to donate a few pictures of Indians from the late 1930's to 1940's? I need a few more for a web site which I am working on for Indian fans. I need just a few pictures guys if you are willing to help me.
    Mike Dunn
    Vintage German Motorcycles
    www.vintagegermanmotorcycles.com

Comment

• Cory,
      "It pains me to think about the fate some of the old bikes came to though. No foresight I guess."

The founders actually had plenty of foresight. Otherwise the company would not have survived. And keeping obsolete models around on the odd chance that someone in the future may care was not part of the thought process. Who knows, 25 years from now people may not give a second thought to what we feel is important. Every day, more is lost and fewer care! Enjoy what we have now and don't worry about what "could have been". I Ride, restore and collect because I enjoy it, and entertain no thoughts about what comes after I am gone. And make no mistake, I am certainly a Luddite, but tempered with reality!
      Robbie
      Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

• Robbie, I can see why my vague comment brought about your response. Indeed, the founders did have plenty of foresight as businessmen. Your also likely right about caring about obsolete bikes/parts. How could they have known or even cared that an eccentric motorcycle freak years later would think junk like that would be important? I'm guilty of being a dreamer of yesteryear that is for sure! I am thankful however that the machines that are still around stood the test of time. There's plenty of available bikes that are floating around to keep my wish list long for years! I too am a Luddite but may be tempered slightly on the delusional side.....
        Cory Othen
        Membership#10953

Comment

• Here's a couple of great shots from Ken aka/ Milw. Pirates!!!

Cory Othen
          Membership#10953

Comment

• Who the heck is Heck, and what year is the twin? Great pictures.
            Ross

Comment

• I have no clue who the heck Heck is...... But I'm guessing he's sitting on a '13
              Cory Othen
              Membership#10953

Comment

• HOW ABOUT A REAL MILWAUKEE PIRATE?
                [img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2575/4075045432_93a0a42c55_b.jpg[img]

Comment

• second try

Comment

• the Heck photo's

Originally posted by c.o. View Post
                    I have no clue who the heck Heck is...... But I'm guessing he's sitting on a '13
                    These photo's are from downtown, Edgerton,Wisconsin,
                    Ken S., # 6457
                    1926- H-D BAF-Peashooter
                    1954-H-D Panhead

Comment

• Pirate motorcycle

Originally posted by Barry Brown View Post
                      second try
                      Barry,
                      click on search above,type in ,Pirate Motorcycle,to see the posts on Pirate Motorcycle,and view the photo's
                      Ken
                      Ken S., # 6457
                      1926- H-D BAF-Peashooter
                      1954-H-D Panhead

Comment

• I was rooting around in some old photos and came across this one. Kills two birds with one stone. An old photo that illustrates a front wheel drive speedo ... Perry
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Perry Ruiter; 11-04-2009, 12:42 PM.

Comment

• Notice the poster in the background; "To make the world a peaceful place to live". If you rode around with a machine gun on your bike, I would bet that people would leave you in peace.
                          Eric Smith
                          AMCA #886

Comment

• Great photo Perry! That's a rig you'd want to give room to on the road!

This pic kind of got lost in the fold with no responses, so I thought I'd post something on the young fellas. Thanks to Tom Wilcock for the article.

Cory Othen
                            Membership#10953

Comment

• I love that photo Cory - Awesome! I wonder if they made it? Probably :-)

Comment

• I passed over that pic, just a couple of mean looking kids on Pappy's motorcycle. I would be very interested in reading their trip journal if they kept one. I would have ridden the Honda I had when I was 13 to the coast, if my parents would have allowed it. Lucky, those Abernathy boys.
                                Kyle Oanes AMCA # 3046

Comment

Working...
                                X