• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• under the photo it said the areo motorcyclette went 130kph
    rob ronky #10507
    www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

• It just cut right through the competition!
      David Morrill
      Sylacauga, AL. USA.
      AMCA #15284

Deadly Dave's Blog
      Sharing the Lost Stories of Early American Motorcycling.

http://dlmracing.blogspot.com/

1921 Harley-Davidson Model J Racer

It will break a hundred, if you drop it from a plane!

Comment

• Originally posted by rwm View Post
        under the photo it said the areo motorcyclette went 130kph
        Man that would be flying on that unit! I think David is right...... could you imagine a race and being passed by something like that? I'm still amazed at that bike!
        Cory Othen
        Membership#10953

Comment

• Does anybody have any idea on the mounts that these ladies are perched on?

Cory Othen
          Membership#10953

Comment

• 1936 New Imperial 500cc V twin factory race machine
            1898 to 1903 Holden 4 cylinder direct drive motorcycle designed and built by Colonel H.C. Holden .
            I think you'll find that this Holden is the one that is held in the National Science Museum's collection in England and is currently stored as part of the reserve collection at Wroughton.
            Peter Thomson, a.k.a. Tommo
            A.M.C.A. # 2777
            Palmerston North, New Zealand.

Comment

• the man on the bike with the prop is alessandro anzani.maker of the first motor to fly across the english channel.on july 25 1909 louis bleriot became the first man to fly across the english channel bleriot was scared to death of his own motor. anzani was aware of that and convinced bleriot yo buy one of his
              rob ronky #10507
              www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

• New member here, on a mission to learn as much as possible about the motorcycles in my late grandfather's life. In the interest of full disclosure, I do not own a motorcycle. However, the deeper I get into this project, the more I feel that could change.

When I came across this first photo, I knew I could find an online community that would be able to help me identify the motorcycle. After flipping through some of the 81 pages in "old photos", this appears to be right in your collective wheelhouse.

The young boy in the photo is my grandfather. He was born in 1918. I believe the photo was taken no later than 1920, in Methuen, Massachusetts. The dapper fellow in the back is the owner, my great, great uncle. Wish I had more details.

My grandfather's motorcycle era ended in the late 1940's when he walked away from his totaled ~1946 Indian (____). Still looking for photos of that bike, pre-totaling.

Thank you in advance for any information.

Comment

• looks like a 1916 to early 20's Harley

Comment

• Actually a pre 1920 judging by the short spring fork.
                    Be sure to visit;
                    http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                    Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                    Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

• Originally posted by Barry Brown View Post
                      looks like a 1916 to early 20's Harley
                      I think you could eliminate 1916 based on the starter pedal and rear stand. '16 had the single block pedal and the early rear stand. You can eliminate 1920 because it has the squared off upper cylinder fins around the intake towers. That would leave '17,'18, or '19.
                      Eric Smith
                      AMCA #886

Comment

• Los Angeles Motorcycle Club

Venice Beach 1910 http://lcweb2.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/...sf=6a25828:@@@

Comment

• Originally posted by exeric View Post
                          I think you could eliminate 1916 based on the starter pedal and rear stand. '16 had the single block pedal and the early rear stand. You can eliminate 1920 because it has the squared off upper cylinder fins around the intake towers. That would leave '17,'18, or '19.
                          I'm just wondering about '19. Did they mount the horn under the headlight or am I pipedreamin'?........
                          Cory Othen
                          Membership#10953

Comment

• Originally posted by Tommo View Post
                            1936 New Imperial 500cc V twin factory race machine
                            1898 to 1903 Holden 4 cylinder direct drive motorcycle designed and built by Colonel H.C. Holden .
                            I think you'll find that this Holden is the one that is held in the National Science Museum's collection in England and is currently stored as part of the reserve collection at Wroughton.
                            Thanks Tommo! That Holden is quite the interesting machine!
                            Cory Othen
                            Membership#10953

Comment

• Cory Othen
                              Membership#10953

Comment

• Cory Othen
                                Membership#10953

Comment

Working...
                                X