old photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great photo

That is such a great photo (Airborne Model O).

Hey Corey.
    Turned into a major rain depression, and worse flooding up here for 50 years.
    I lost 400 meters of drive way, and had to walk in 2 ft of water for 400 meters to get to my car. Still raining here, but down Sth is where the real heart break is with the fires. 181 dead so far.

Best wishes mate.

Ken.
    Ken Kemp
    Nth Queensland
    AUSTRALIA
    Member # 8756

47 Chief
    2006 BMW K1200S
    Getting seriously interested in Vincent
    2010 Can Am Spyder RSS (The Wife made me do it!)
    SYM 125 Scooter

Comment

• I figured you'd like that one Ken. Sorry to hear about all the trouble your having down under. Those fires are terrible. Looks like the North and South need to trade weather for a little bit! I'm hoping things get better for you Aussies!
      Cory Othen
      Membership#10953

Comment

• Left to right.........Pop Dryer, Cannonball Baker and Ted Hodgdon.....

Cory Othen
        Membership#10953

Comment

• that must be the infamous Ted Hodgdon 12 Hen with the front half of the tank made out of wood!

Comment

• The picture was taken in Springfield in 1957. I believe the bike at the time was owned by Bill Hess. Is this the same machine your referring to Barry?
            Cory Othen
            Membership#10953

Comment

• have you read "The Golden Age of the Fours"? by Hodgdon? Well, he "restored" a shortened 12 Hen he found in a barn and put the tank back to correct length with a shaped piece of wood! I have no idea if this is the same bike but looking at the picture it would seem so. Steve Ciccalone would know but I don't think he watches this forum and to tell you the truth I don't really care I just find it amusing! like the Indian 4 that won first place at Tiffin until they tried to kick it over and the owner admitted there were no internals!

Comment

• I haven't read Ted's book yet......... In regard to that 4 I could never figure out the point of putting a bike together without the intention of having it being a running machine! I've been to various shows over the years that had such machines. When you ask how it runs you get a funny look and are told it's for display only!

Here's the fellas that started this great club!

Cory Othen
                Membership#10953

Comment

• Ted Hodgdon had a 1912 Henderson but it's not the one he's standing behind in the picture. He wrote about it in his book "The Golden Age of the Fours". He described the condition of the bike when he got it as the "worst butcher job of all time". The previous owner had shortend the frame to remove the front floorboard and pinched the back of the gas tank like a tube of toothpaste. The last I knew, his 1912 was in the collection of a well known club member in California. You can tell his 1912 because the gas tank is pointy on the ends and not the nice true radius you see on the tank in the picture. His 1912 was measured by the company that made plastic model replicas of a few old motorcycles and the funny thing is, they copied the mis-shaped gas tank exactly.
                  Eric Smith
                  AMCA #886

Comment

• This proves my theory around here somebody always knows! Here's a link to the Minnesota archives. They have a ton of old bike pics there!

http://collections.mnhs.org/visualre...archType=Basic
                    Cory Othen
                    Membership#10953

Comment

• A couple more pics............

Cory Othen
                      Membership#10953

Comment

• American Motorcycles in Norway

Gentlemen, we dont want this thread to sleep do we??
                        Will try to make some more contributions from the early days motorcycle scene in Norway.

Any ideas what bike this is????

Sverre
                        And then there is the idea that we are here on earth to get a certain amount of things done before we die.
                        This is a great theory.
                        If it is true, I am so far behind that I will never die...

AMCA-3489

Comment

Some more images

Early racing at a horse track, one Henderson and one unknown?

Sverre
                          And then there is the idea that we are here on earth to get a certain amount of things done before we die.
                          This is a great theory.

AMCA-3489

Comment

Brand new Harleys for sale at car dealer in Bergen, early twenties

Could need some adjustment this sidecar setup

Sverre
                            This is a great theory.

AMCA-3489

Comment

• Some European early bikes

Need help to identify this one

Wanderer was quite common

Early bike store, unknown make

Any help in identificating the unknown bikes is apprechiated.

Sverre
                              This is a great theory.

AMCA-3489

Comment

Another one, this is a rough rider in a snow storm with accessory skies

Younger boy dreaming on an Indian

Sverre
                                This is a great theory.

AMCA-3489

Comment

Working...
                                X