No announcement yet.

old photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks, we needed some new pics, I think the rest of us are about tapped out.
    Brian Howard AMCA#5866

Comment

• Yes, thanks Sverre your pics are appreciated. The unknowns sure look like they are of the European persuasion. I got a book around here somewhere that has a lot of those type of bikes in it. I'll have to dig it out and have a look through it for curiosity sake.
      Cory Othen
      Membership#10953

Comment

• must be an NSU in the shop with all the horns on the wall

Comment

• Brazil in the 20ies: 'Camel Trophy' & other stuff

Originally posted by bmh View Post
          Thanks, we needed some new pics, I think the rest of us are about tapped out.
          Some new stuff for this great thread.

Enjoy it

Martin

Martin Brill

www.brillantparts.com

Comment

• Great pics and my condolences on your shop fire.

Comment

• Yes........those pictures are awesome Martin! Oh, and I'll have to chime in with Barry on the fire deal. I hate hearing about such things! Fire combined with shops send shivers up my spine!
              Cory Othen
              Membership#10953

Comment

• Fantastic photo's, thanks Martin. Cant imagine riding in that stuff, the old machines sure earned their living. We are lucky any survived, I get nervous just riding through a puddle or a bit of sand on my antiques. With the foot clutch and hand shifters and all, they were tough back in the good old days.

Comment

• Cory Othen
                  Membership#10953

Comment

• Motorcycle images from the past

Thanks Martin for those excotic images. Check that Henderson with the sporting bars!!
                    C.o cool photo with the Merkel maid!
                    These photos are highlights beeing offshore in North Sea with storm outside.

Sverre
                    And then there is the idea that we are here on earth to get a certain amount of things done before we die.
                    This is a great theory.
                    If it is true, I am so far behind that I will never die...

AMCA-3489

Comment

• Pontolillo

Thanks C.O. for the early photo of the German chancellor.

The photos I post today are not so old. They are from Enrique Pontolillo the Harley dealer of Lima, Peru. The first 2 photos are from his shop in 1953 the other ones from his visit in the Harley factory in 1950.
                      All photos are from my friend Uwe Illgner who is writing a book about Pontolillo with many exceptional photos of old bikes.
                      Martin

Martin Brill

www.brillantparts.com

Comment

• American motorcycles in Norway

Found another image of the ACE that I posted previously;

Repairing a blown rear tyre;

Sverre
                        And then there is the idea that we are here on earth to get a certain amount of things done before we die.
                        This is a great theory.
                        If it is true, I am so far behind that I will never die...

AMCA-3489

Comment

• Good to see this thread is still getting some action. Great pics fellas! I like the last one you posted Sverre. I mean the guys got a flat and he's still smiling. But then again, some of my fondest memories have come from some of my breakdowns!!!

I'm still waiting to rescue one of these machines from the garbage dump, garage sale.....etc....

Cory Othen
                          Membership#10953

Comment

• Just cuz winter is still plaguing some of us..........

Cory Othen
                            Membership#10953

Comment

• Any of you fellas out east recognise this picture?

Cory Othen
                              Membership#10953

Comment

• [QUOTE=c.o.;77329]Any of you fellas out east recognise this picture?

That is the original location of Ernest Cerini Harley-Davidson in Belle Vernon, PA That building still stands but of course the dealership in is a big new building today.
                                Be sure to visit;
                                http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                                Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                                Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Working...
                                X