No announcement yet.

old photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is the backside.There is a youtube of this race.It would be cool to hear his speach!

Comment

• i guess i had to much coffee to take a good photo. here is a ticket from the race july 5 1920
      Attached Files
      rob ronky #10507
      www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

• Comment

• notice how all these indians are missing the front part of their front fenders. I wonder why they were removed.
          Last edited by jurassic; 01-14-2013, 08:52 PM.
          www.motorcyclecannonball.com

Comment

• Originally posted by jurassic View Post

notice how all these indians are missing the front part of their front fenders. I wonder why they were removed.
            Early bobbers :} .

Comment

• I believe 1912 was the first year Indian used a front fender tip. These are possibly 1911 or earlier models. Tom

Comment

• I was on a club ride one time and saw one of those front fender tip's come unsolder. It came down on to the fender and stopped the tire. The bike was in front of me doing about 30 mph the next thing I know the rider was 10 ' up in the air. He did get hurt but not to bad.

Comment

• I don't know sh!t about Indians but the ones in this 1911 pic don't have the tips. Several years ago there was a story of a couple on a brand new HD that the front fender tip came off and caught in the fender flipping and killing rider and passenger

Comment

• Originally posted by marsh1915hd View Post
                    I was on a club ride one time and saw one of those front fender tip's come unsolder. It came down on to the fender and stopped the tire. The bike was in front of me doing about 30 mph the next thing I know the rider was 10 ' up in the air. He did get hurt but not to bad.
                    When I brought my '16 home, one of the first things I noticed was the fender tip was a little sloppy. After hearing your account I will make darn sure it won't be touching the tire!!! Thanks for the heads up!!
                    Cory Othen
                    Membership#10953

Comment

• On my 21 power plus there was a narrow plate that was screwed onto both sides of the bottom of the fender tip. It passed through the front loop of the spring so that if the rear fender tip brackets broke, it would prevent the rear of the tip from falling down onto the tire. Something like this could be retrofitted to the earlier models......Rod

Comment

• www.motorcyclecannonball.com

Comment

• Looks like a Pierce single. Even though I'm sure the handlebar location made the bike more comfortable to ride, it does look a bit dorky.
                          Eric Smith
                          AMCA #886

Comment

• many moons ago a 1910 Pierce single motor that looked nos was sold at local auction the bid stopped and they did not notice my brother trying to bid --went for $70

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by duffeycycles View Post
                                Duffy. It does us absolutely no good for you to post pictures with signs on them.
                                Be sure to visit;
                                http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                                Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                                Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Working...
                                X