• Show
Clear All

• same bike?

Comment

• Cory Othen
      Membership#10953

Comment

• Originally posted by c.o. View Post
        That is a member of the Pasadena Motorcycle Club in the CA desert.
        Be sure to visit;
        http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
        Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
        Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

• On what appears to be a brand spanky new factory hillclimber..... Thanks for the clarification on the whereabouts Chris.
          Cory Othen
          Membership#10953

Comment

• Youngsters confronted by the "man"....

Cory Othen
            Membership#10953

Comment

• That copper is riding a very interesting bike. It looks like a 41 or 42 four - with the '46 style tank badge and strip. It's been argued that 42's had that tank emblem, but I've never seen a period picture before that showed it. Thanks Cory.
              A. Bernhardt
              AMCA# 9726

Comment

• Very cool photo Cory, thanks I enjoyed that :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by bernhardt View Post
                  That copper is riding a very interesting bike. It looks like a 41 or 42 four - with the '46 style tank badge and strip. It's been argued that 42's had that tank emblem, but I've never seen a period picture before that showed it. Thanks Cory.
                  I know two fellas with restored 442's. I will have to pay attention to the tank emblems the nest time I see these bikes. Glad you enjoyed the photo Alex.

Originally posted by Tom Lovejoy View Post
                  Very cool photo Cory, thanks I enjoyed that :-)
                  You're most welcome Tom.
                  Cory Othen
                  Membership#10953

Comment

• Cory Othen
                    Membership#10953

Comment

• I received these pictures from the gentleman who sold me my DL (see Motorcycles Then and Now thread). Beauvais was the dealership where he bought the DL in 1933. He had been given these photos many years later by Henry Beauvais. The shop (building still exists) is 181Whittenton St., Taunton, Ma.

old pix 1.jpg
                      This picture is dated on the back "1915 or 1916." Perhaps someone can say for sure. It appears to be a gathering of customers, perhaps for a weekend ride or an event. There are definitely some folks in Indian shirts who look ready for a race!

old pix 2.jpg
                      This picture has a description on the back. On the left is Henry Beauvais, the dealer, on a 1916 Indian K that was apparently called "Featherweight." See the next picture for more detailed caption.

old pix 3.jpg
                      Description from the above picture.

Enjoy and cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

• '15 or '16 sounds about right Sirhr. The bottom one is definitely '16 ish with that Powerplus with the hack. Great photos!!! Thanks for posting them!!!!
                        Cory Othen
                        Membership#10953

Comment

• I met this women the other day she rode with Franks riders out of Portsmouth New Hampshire back in the 30s and 40S her husband was killed on this bike shortly after this picture was taken...she is 93 years young

Comment

• Great shot! So what your saying is she had a real rough ride for the next twenty years. I can only hope in my mind that someone arrived on the scene and picked up the slack. Bob L
                            AMCA #3149
                            http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

• Cory,

In a word, acceptional! Reminds me of and my little sister, not much older than those two, practising our throwing skills in front of the house against a speed limit sign with rocks....against on coming traffic! In 61-ish in Ohio, non pursuit/traffic vehicles could be white/black servi cars.

At any rate, those tank badges, here are a few accumulated over the last 25 years. Though I saw DDB160M with 41 badges, most 42's (lusted over) seen have 46 badges with 41 tank trim strips.

Well known chromed fork four in infield at vintage races at Bike Week about 92. Red and white is Stan Pfoust's at Buzz K's Indian Day about 96ish., Orig paint machine at Davenport in mid 90's and then a police model picked up somewhere along the way, but lacking tank trim for which rear pieces could be knocked off when shifting with knee-high boots as told to me by an ex PA cop.

And finally, the purchase I really agonized over, the addition that would have provided me one of every year skirted Four and only a couple numbers apart from my 441, John Bowman's 442 as then owned by Jim Dingess, badges intact but trim removed. This was mid 200 number, one of the last and a rare instance of a good buy on EBay for someone.
                              Attached Files
                              Cheerio,
                              Peter
                              1950 Vincent - A Red Rapide Experience

Comment

• Glad you liked the photo Peter. Nice 4 pics by the way. Any theories on why the '42's ended up with '46 badges?

Jeremiah over at Love Cycles just posted these gems.... http://lovecycles.blogspot.com/2011/...shed-1948.html
                                Cory Othen
                                Membership#10953

Comment

Working...
                                X