old photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rub View Post
    It might ruin the appearance, but made good sense at the time. What people might consider as aesthetically pleasing in 2013 was definitely not a concern to the designers.
    From what I've read in trade magazines of the day, long narrow fenders were more of a hinderance than a benefit on muddy roads as the mud would pack in between the tire and fender. The Series 20 Excelsior, and K Henderson bragged about tire clearance with the new wide fenders. I think Wagner was trying to make a styling statement with their unique front fender design.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

• Check out the toolbox behind the oil tank on the Indian. Aftermarket accesory?
      Originally posted by c.o. View Post
      www.motorcyclecannonball.com

Comment

• Wall of Death pic from 1929

An email sent to me contained this photo. Lion in sidecar at Revere Beach, MA 1929. Looking on page 159 in the book 'The American Motorcycle Girls' by Cristine Sommer Simmons there is a description that explains this photo with Marjorie Kemp. It just look like the lion is having fun! BobAMCA#6738.
        Last edited by BigLakeBob; 06-26-2013, 06:11 AM. Reason: Added info.
        Bob Rice #6738

Comment

• [QUOTE=c.o.;83981]

I love to go through the 'Old Photos' thread from time to time because there is always something interesting. In this case we have a '21 or '22 J with a '15 or '16 pedal start transmission. It was probably put together to aid the disabled rider in starting the bike.
          Eric Smith
          AMCA #886

Comment

• Eric, they sure got inventive back in the day eh? Here's a blog that regularly features early photos....

http://fastisfast.blogspot.ca/
            Cory Othen
            Membership#10953

Comment

• Very cool Cory, thanks.

Comment

• Wow, I sure killed some time at that picture site. Thanks Cory.
                Eric Smith
                AMCA #886

Comment

• I figured you fellas would like that....
                  Cory Othen
                  Membership#10953

Comment

• Great pictures. One of my favorite parts of the forum. I apologize if this has been asked a gazillion times but why can't I see many of the photographs? Especially those posted early on in this thread. Is it because I'm using a Mac? Probably not I'm guessing. Or were the pictures hosted remotely and not maintained? Moved, taken down, or such. Just wondering if I can somehow access those pictures which I cannot now see. Thanks.

Phil
                    Phil Clement

Comment

• Originally posted by Phil Clement View Post
                      Or were the pictures hosted remotely and not maintained? Moved, taken down, or such.
                      Gotta be one of the aforementioned... I'm thinking the earliest photos that you can't access were hosted remotely.
                      Cory Othen
                      Membership#10953

Comment

• Thanks c.o. Didn't know if the site hosted picture uploads or if photos were linked remotely. It's always nice to keep the pictures in house but can eat up a lot of server space.

Phil
                        Phil Clement

Comment

• The photos can be posted as an attachment on this site as well as using photo hosting sites. Photobucket etc... is easier for most folks.
                          Cory Othen
                          Membership#10953

Comment

• Problem with Photobucket is that if/when the photos are deleted from the original poster's photos, they disappear from all other posts.
                            Rich
                            Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

• Originally posted by frichie68 View Post
                              Problem with Photobucket is that if/when the photos are deleted from the original poster's photos, they disappear from all other posts.
                              Rich
                              I can't understand why anyone would delete a photo one they uploaded it to Photobucket. It isn't like you will run out of space. I have thousands of pictures there.
                              Be sure to visit;
                              http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                              Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                              Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

• I quit PB when they stopped allowing me to copy & paste MY OWN photos for my own use. I still have the account but deleted some, and would rather just post from "my pictures." PB used to work fine until they felt the need to "improve" it once or twice a month. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
                                Rich
                                Last edited by frichie68; 10-31-2013, 12:34 PM.
                                Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

Working...
                                X