Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here are pictures of my Dad's '41 Chief. My Dad is the one with the hat. The 2nd photo is my Uncle Harold who gave the Indian to my dad in boxes and all apart. My brother is laying next to the Chief as a baby. My dad put it together and rode it. My Dad also had a 1941 61" Harley at the same time, but we can't find any pictures of that bike.

41 Chief Dad.jpg41 Chief Uncle Harold.jpg41 Chief Roy.jpg
    Last edited by Jim; 11-02-2021, 02:13 PM. Reason: Edited for wording
    Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

• Originally posted by JoJo357 View Post
      [COLOR=#8e44ad][SIZE=16px]*M.A.D*

fullsizeoutput_15c4.jpeg
      From 'Race with the Devil", Maybe not a cinematic masterpiece, but a true classic none the less.
      Last edited by droptopford; 11-01-2021, 05:48 PM.

Comment

• 48norton2.jpg
        Bob Rice #6738

Comment

• 48rg.jpg
          Bob Rice #6738

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim View Post
            Here are pictures of my Dad's '41 Chief. My Dad is the one with the hat. My brother is laying next to the Chief and that last photo is my Uncle Harold who gave the Indian to my dad in boxes and all apart. My dad put it together and rode it. My Dad also had a 1941 61" Harley at the same time, but we can't find any pictures of that bike.
            Jim, what a treat to have these early pictures of your Dad, Uncle, and brother with the bike. Thanks for sharing them with us. I'm told my paternal Grandfather owned and rode an Indian sometime in his early life, but there are no pictures or details of it that I can find. My maternal Grandfather was a motorcycle officer for the California Highway Patrol, and luckily I have some pictures of him on his bike. Here's one of my favorites.

Grandpa Cowan on his CHP Harley Davidson.jpg
            Eric Olson
            Membership #18488

Comment

• Originally posted by droptopford View Post

From 'Race with the Devil", Maybe not a cinematic masterpiece, but a true classic none the less.
              I thought this movie was pretty scary when I first saw it in the movies!
              Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

• Originally posted by EricOlson View Post

Jim, what a treat to have these early pictures of your Dad, Uncle, and brother with the bike. Thanks for sharing them with us. I'm told my paternal Grandfather owned and rode an Indian sometime in his early life, but there are no pictures or details of it that I can find. My maternal Grandfather was a motorcycle officer for the California Highway Patrol, and luckily I have some pictures of him on his bike. Here's one of my favorites.

Grandpa Cowan on his CHP Harley Davidson.jpg

Eric, That is a GREAT photo of your granddad! It looks like a still from a movie set. I guess that's his Police bike, yet it looks like he's going on vacation with his bags packed. And to top it all off... a DICE Shifter knob with a lambskin seat cover. NICE!! I like it!
                Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

• 49cb2e0defeeb2957720a7281c42b26d.jpg
                  Bob Rice #6738

Comment

• 49trailer_zpsa08812ef.jpg
                    Bob Rice #6738

Comment

• Picture #1734 is that some type of heel/toe shifter setup?

Comment

• Originally posted by rustynutz View Post
                        Picture #1734 is that some type of heel/toe shifter setup?
                        I wonder about that too. It does look like aftermarket heel/toe shifter but would seem to be a modified foot-clutch set up since the tank shift is still there. And it looks like the left side hand lever cable is connected to the front brake. Hard to tell though...That brake cable might be running from the right side of the handlebar.?.
                        I'll bet Robbie knows...

Comment

• If you are talking the bike on the trailer (my pictures do not show any numbers on the posts), it is equipped with a B&H foot shifter conversion and uses a small mousetrap before H-D had anything like it. CCF06152012_00000.jpg
                          Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

• That's the one...Thanks! (And thanks for posting the ad too)

Comment

• 50b164cc49eb474533da951726860ea0.jpg
                              Bob Rice #6738

Comment

• 50bdaaafd8fd0a1fac9d5d9d11826447.jpg
                                Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Working...
                                X