Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veterans deserve special recognition...

chico2.jpg

....Cotten
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

• What is the curved unit on the back of the servi car? xppw.jpg
      Bob Rice #6738

Comment

• Originally posted by BigLakeBob View Post
        What is the curved unit on the back of the servi car? xppw.jpg
        Most likely a custom mount to carry mounted tires. They probably offered a flat repair service.
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

• Is that 1933 or 1934 California plates on the Servi-Car? The paint scheme is 1933, and just 180 Servis made that year.

Comment

• I think the plates say 31 and isn't that a 31 paint scheme? Doesn't seem right.
            Bob Rice #6738

Comment

• xmaswindow2_zps78bee059.jpg
              Bob Rice #6738

Comment

• This picture I have somewhere in my literature. I believe the 50th Anniversary of Harley Davidson. Might be in the 1954 Introductory Literature. Jerry

Comment

• Bob, That is indeed a 1931 Model A Ford Vicky (cowl lights) with a California 1931 license plate connected to an HD servicar with a California 1931 plate. It would seem to follow that it's a 1931 model. l came to Cal in a 1931 Model and I'm still here and have a 1931 Cal m/c plate. Just sayin', not being snarky.
                  DrSprocket

Comment

• Originally posted by RichO View Post
                    Bob, That is indeed a 1931 Model A Ford Vicky (cowl lights) with a California 1931 license plate connected to an HD servicar with a California 1931 plate. It would seem to follow that it's a 1931 model. l came to Cal in a 1931 Model and I'm still here and have a 1931 Cal m/c plate. Just sayin', not being snarky.
                    I didn't think servi cars started until '32?
                    Bob Rice #6738

Comment

• Bob, Very well could be a 1932 model since they were probably marketed late in 1931 ( they were made in late1931) it would be registered with a 1931 plate. Plus Standard Oil ( Chevron) had a lot of influence. Very cool shot!
                      DrSprocket

Comment

• Dear Bob and RichO, of course you're right, that is the 1931/32 optional swirl tank paint scheme on the picture #2523 Servi-Car, with 1932 the first year for the Servi-Car with just 260 G models built that model year. So we have to explain remaining 1931/2 differences as calendar year versus model year.

Comment

• xgej.jpg
                          Bob Rice #6738

Comment

• xawg.jpg
                            Bob Rice #6738

Comment

• puremilk.jpg

....Cotten
                              AMCA #776
                              Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

• xmod.jpg
                                Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Working...
                                X