AMCA Forum is a backwater of the internet

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • T. Cotten
    replied
    Originally posted by AFJ View Post
    Perhaps it is the fact that there are so many different topic areas to post in that it lessens the incentive to post?
    AFJ
    If you mean the new format sux, AFJ,...

    Bingo.

    ....Cotten

    Leave a comment:


  • AFJ
    replied
    Perhaps it is the fact that there are so many different topic areas to post in that it lessens the incentive to post?
    AFJ

    Leave a comment:


  • Bama-shovel
    replied
    Thanks I plan to post and reply as best I can , you get out what you put I ( theory) let's see your rides ,bama-shovel

    Leave a comment:


  • BoschZEV
    started a topic AMCA Forum is a backwater of the internet

    AMCA Forum is a backwater of the internet

    This post is an observation, not a suggested solution.

    I've been paying attention to "data" from this site for several weeks. Seldom are there even a dozen members signed on (i.e. 0.1% of the AMCA membership), and I've yet to see as many as 18. A typical day will see 6-12 posts, i.e. only one every few hours. What this means is many people who check out this site are likely to conclude it doesn't have information they're looking for, or discussions of interest to them, and thus not bother returning to it.


    What the very low visitation and posting rate means is many people are unlikely to post to this site since they will rightly conclude that very few others will read what they write. Similarly, other people are unlikely to come to this site because the very few posts means it is unlikely they will find the information or discussions of interest to them.

    This is a classic chicken or egg situation which means, unfortunately, it is likely this site will remain a largely-unvisited backwater of the internet unless something significant happens to change the situation.


    If I had a solution to suggest, I would have suggested it, but I don't.
Working...