Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1939 Sport Scout Rear speedo drive picture?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Mike for the heads-up on zagar, you have PM

Comment

More of my Scout

Here is a bit more of the bike, its almost finished.

The horn is now mounted and ready to beep

Back side of the horn.

The electrical board, it was original on a 1939.

The transmission rebuilt 100%. New bushings, etc.

Heads redone with a nice wrinkel finish on them.

Oil pump rebuilt and tested on the only oil pump that puts a true load on the pump.

More to come.....
      Mike Dunn
      Vintage German Motorcycles
      www.vintagegermanmotorcycles.com

Comment

Scott and Mike, your bikes are gorgeous. It's so nice to see Indians on this Knucklehead site. Mike, what is the name of that green and where can you get it? I have been thinking of changing the color of my '40 Chief and maybe doing a two-tone color combo like your Scout. Not the Worlds Fair config. but using the color contrast. Again, beautiful bikes.
        Eric Smith
        AMCA #886

Comment

Eric,

The guy who painted my bike is a local painter here in Corona CA and he works for a paint company, so he knows his paints well. His name is Ed Aguilar, email him and ask him.

crwntowncustom1@yahoo.com

He is a Incredible painter....
          Mike Dunn

Comment

More on my Scout

Its getting closer guys.

Mike Dunn

Comment

Mike Dunns 1939 Sport Scout

Well the motor is almost finished. I am about 2 days away from finishing it.I have pictures of it assembled with no heads and they will be posted as well.

More pictures too come tomorrow night. I have added Honda XL 250 pistons, Bonneville Cams, 47" Chief Flywheels. This motor is now around 900cc's.
              Mike Dunn

Comment

Here is the bike on the lift a few days ago, getting closer. I am hoping to start the bike today.
                Mike Dunn

Comment

Beautiful! I just took a rode trip with my brother and he was grinding on me to get my 39 Injun on the lift to repair the raggedy trans that is keeping it from being a dependable rider. Thanks for the inspiration Mike.
                  Kyle Oanes AMCA # 3046

Comment

Lookin Great Mike ! I hope it all goes as planned for you. After pickin up my bike from my mechanic buddy today I saw your post I was inspired to go for a ride. He fixed alot of stuff and only charged me for materials....there is still some great guys around in this hobby. Looking forward to seeing how it goes for you as you get it rollin. Scott

Comment

Lookin Great Mike ! I hope it all goes as planned for you. After pickin up my bike from my mechanic buddy today I saw your post and was inspired to go for a ride. He fixed alot of stuff and only charged me for materials....there is still some great guys around in this hobby. Looking forward to seeing how it goes for you as you get it rollin. Scott

Comment

Originally posted by koanes View Post
                        Beautiful! I just took a rode trip with my brother and he was grinding on me to get my 39 Injun on the lift to repair the raggedy trans that is keeping it from being a dependable rider. Thanks for the inspiration Mike.
                        Kyle thank you!

MIke
                        Mike Dunn

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Parker View Post
                          Lookin Great Mike ! I hope it all goes as planned for you. After pickin up my bike from my mechanic buddy today I saw your post and was inspired to go for a ride. He fixed alot of stuff and only charged me for materials....there is still some great guys around in this hobby. Looking forward to seeing how it goes for you as you get it rollin. Scott
                          Scott,

Today I was inches from starting the bike only to find out the battery was dead and I ran out of time as i had to leave and go pick up kids and do things around the house. So, maybe tomorrow morning if all goes well. I am still waiting for my chain guard to be painted and I have to still place the crash bars on the bike. The last thing to add is my rear speedo drive and cable. Almost finished, very close. Than I can nit pick certain things on it but its damm close ready to ride.

Mike Dunn

Comment

Originally posted by mdunn View Post
                            Scott,

Today I was inches from starting the bike only to find out the battery was dead and I ran out of time as i had to leave and go pick up kids and do things around the house. So, maybe tomorrow morning if all goes well. I am still waiting for my chain guard to be painted and I have to still place the crash bars on the bike. The last thing to add is my rear speedo drive and cable. Almost finished, very close. Than I can nit pick certain things on it but its damm close ready to ride.

Mike
                            you do realize that I will have to inspect that bike, to make sure it meets AMCA judging standards. should not take too long, only 2 or 3 years
                            Kevin Valentine 13
                            EX-Chief Judge

Comment

The bike now runs, I started it today. I havent made any adjustments at all so I havent ridden the bike but I will tomorrow. So far its running very well and pumping oil good.

Mike
                              Mike Dunn

Comment

I road the Scout today for the First time about 6 miles, all went well. I have a few small adjustments too make. The rear hinge on the fender broke, so I will be sending an email to the Company i got it from and hopefully the manufacture will correct this? Anyway, here she is minus the speedo cable, speedo drive, chain guard and crash bars. Its getting much closer.

Mike Dunn

Comment

Working...
                                X