No announcement yet.

Indian Motorcycle Parts Foundry Forge Stamping Marks 1949-1951 Verticals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cast in numbers like that can also be seen inside Scout/Chief/… cases. It was my father’s opinion that these were the Indian part numbers for the unmachined (raw) castings. My Warrior cases also have that number cast in.

Comment

There were always odd things that you would see in the PNs. For example, undocumented changes, like those reported in the vertical groups parts update list that Wally, Pete and the others created. There are also common things like the last digit of a known part being one more than what is listed in the manual. I have also seen no numbers, however, there is a statement in the opening section of the spare parts book about parts with no number being suited for any model. The stamp I took the photo of has a stamp that appears to be DAC or DA6.
      I have never seen this on any other crankcase.
      Do your Warrior cases have the stamp above the number? I have no idea what these are.
      Thanks.
      ​​​​​​​-JR

Comment

It appears that all of my engine cases have that same number cast in. One of them might have the smaller mark as well but I couldn’t be sure. The cam cover also has a part number cast in. I didn’t check the trans cases.

Comment

Working...
        X