Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1926 Scout

Hi Friends

I have a 1926 Scout to rebuild, at some time water has been lying in the timing chest, all the gear teeth are too corroded to use. Any one holding these parts? or any pointers to a source.

Many thanks
    Regards

Tim

'36 four. '44 Chief & sidecar. '28 Scout. '67 XLCH. '70 BSA. and a Guzzi...............

Keep watching eBay and join the groups on Face Book. Send me a photo of how bad they are as mine were pretty bad but managed to recover them mostly. I picked up 1925 Oil pump from Norway recently off Facebook for less than the cost of parts I needed to replace. Send me a PM with the pictures of the cams.

Mike
    Australia

Comment

cams.jpg

pictures of my corroded cams
      Regards

Tim

'36 four. '44 Chief & sidecar. '28 Scout. '67 XLCH. '70 BSA. and a Guzzi...............

Comment

Kent Thompson in NH is your man for early Scout parts.

Comment

Tim

They definitely worse for wear, the cam wheels may may be salvageable but would be noisy.
          The oil pump drive (right) looks pretty rough as well and that will be hard to find as I have been chasing one for a while as well.
          Cam shaft is stepped and is not like a 101 or other scout cam shaft see attached picture.
          Will definitely need a new pinion gear (bottom left)

Cams Marked.jpg

Scout Cams.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by gharper View Post
            Kent Thompson in NH is your man for early Scout parts.
            Do you have a email address for Kent as I am still looking for a oil pump camshaft.

Comment

Gene, I was on a road run in NH awhile back and they took us to Kent's shop. I don't think I'll ever be the same. Whew! Rich
              DrSprocket

Comment

Originally posted by someozybloke View Post
                Do you have a email address for Kent as I am still looking for a oil pump camshaft.
                Mike, as far as I know Kent doesn't do e-mail. I'll look up his phone number and PM it to you...means you'll have to get up in the middle of the night to phone him!
                Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Working...
                X