Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very,Very,Very Cool!!!!!!!!

Comment

Very nice! Is that a 36 SS w/a 640 sub-frame? Any engine mods?

Comment

Actually it is a '37 rear frame, 741 front frame, 741 forks, real '38 style headlight, Chief dash, Prince saddle, 45" engine with Savannah cams and early cylinders. Engine by Kent Thompson. Kent is a great guy and a good builder. Basically, the bike was built around the gas tanks and a bunch of stuff laying around. Next Frankenscout will be 57", 741 chassis with 1940 racing oil tank and real 648 saddle, early cylinders, with details of Indian parts that go back into the early twenties.

Comment

I posted this pic in another thread but since we are showing off scouts here it is again. This is an Early serial number 741 that went to NZ at the beginning of WWII. There it stayed until sometime in the early 90's when it made the trip home. I purchased it from the first American owner in 2004. It has been repainted and rebuilt back in the 70's. It has a sort of original character even though it is not original paint. I plan on leaving it as is. It always starts three kicks cold one kick hot. I am hoping to go to Oley this next spring with a pocket full of cash in hopes of finding another Indian. I love the 249 Super scout all dressed out, or a period bobber like Adminguy's would be great, preskirt chief or a wartime chief. (I prefer the looks of the leafspring to the later chief front end).

Comment

forgot the pic.
            Attached Files

Comment

I would really love to see a nice flat photo of the Savanna Cams. Just to see the profile for reference. So if you ever crack it open please think of me. HEY!!!! I could really use a set of cams - got some? Anyone? Ones that don't cost a MIIIIIILLION dollars. Stock just fine. I got stuff to swap.

Ohhhh.... a double scout seat pan also. pretty please?

Anyone you know of making those 648 oil tanks? just curious. It'd be so easy to bang out 5 or 6 of those on a small run.

I'm thinking alot about porting and big valves these days ie. 648. Anyone done some flat head flow port work? What mistakes should I avoid? I'd like to do a mild version for the road. Most likely with a modern CV carb. I had a good talk with Red Fred via email about the 648 barrels. Interesting stuff. That four cam they got in production is just incredible. Jim Wall in CO. And ahhhhh... Lyle casting.

Nice ride Pat! I'm happy things are working out for you now. I'd slash cut a 45 on the end of that pipe and rotate the tool box onto the proper position. Maybe get a battery box (arrow head pattern) from Greer or someone. Black would look good. If you do ever return it to military spec. Cause your so close. Maybe mount a fake tommy gun on the front handle bars with 360 pivot - just for fun. A siren would be super fun also. Man, I love those sirens. Too much fun!

Comment

Regarding Military spec on my Scout. From what I was told it was never olive drab, it was a military police bike. It was originally blue? I have letters from the NZ gentlemen that painted it back in the 60's telling history of the machine.

Comment

Hummm... that's interesting. I'd love to see a period photo of that.

Comment

Sounds goood to me there is a chief ,1942 I believe, Close to me, That was always on a US navy ship yard that was and is battleship gray why not a scout ????

Comment

I'm not doubting it for a sec. I'm just curious to see how the bike looked - lights? siren? A guy in uniform?

Comment

Working...
                      X