Indian Powerplus identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chasekyle70 View Post
    The 1917 Powerplus on the previous tread appears to have the bump stops, but I could be incorrect. And unfortunately I am going to have to plead ignorance. Kevin mentioned in a previous post a two point yoke above the swing arm struts. I tried to do my best Nancy Drew and investigate the clues, but am still not sure exactly what is being referenced.

Chase
    Here are some pictures. The red one is a 1916 yoke which attaches to each strut at two points and the unpainted one is, I believe, 1918 and newer, which attaches to each strut at three points (I think I said four points earlier, but that was an error).

Kevin

Kevin
    https://www.youtube.com/c/motodesoto

Comment

Okay, now I get it!

Comment

Chase,
        Welcome to the forum. Don't go poaching on any Powerplus parts I need... but then I need 1917 only stuff and I think your's is an '18. Here's where I'm at on mine

P1100962.jpgP1100964.jpg
        Mike Carver
        AMCA #3349

Comment

Mike,

Thanks. I'll do my best not to step on your toes either. Can I get a closer picture of your seat and bracket it mounts to I would appreciate it. I have two different seats and some misc. parts maybe If i see yours I can dig the pieces out of the pile.

Thanks
          Chase

Comment

Chase,
            Just joking about the parts, but I hope you figured that out. I'll try to get you some pics in the next couple of days. I might need to be reminded. If you have any spares that I need I might be a buyer..... I could use a seat top, the one on mine rotted away decades ago. Here's a pic of how it was found a couple years ago.
            Attached Files
            Mike Carver
            AMCA #3349

Comment

Working...
            X