1938 Four wheel axles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1938 Four wheel axles

I am putting together my 1938 Indian Four. I am not sure what the correct wheel axles are and what the correct way to mount the front fender is. Actually I have front and rear axles that have a nut on one end (right side) and a fixed part with a short rod on the other side (left). The lenght of the front axle is about 8 3/4 inch. According to some literature and photos I found it should have nuts on both sides, correct?
    What about the spacers for the front wheel? Do they sit between fender strud and fork? I use the long rocker axles (37-39)
    Thanks for your help.
    Ralf from Munich, Germany

Both your axles are correct for a 38. It should be threaded on one end and have a solid shoulder on the other with a short rod/handle through it ... Perry

Comment

how to mount front fender

Thanks Perry, but what about the spacers for the front wheel? Do they sit between fender strud and fork or between fender strud and nut?

Comment

Hopefully this answers your question ... Perry
        Attached Files

Comment

Front fender & axle

Perry, Thank you very much. Now I know how it fits together and I have learned that most of the 4s around are abviously not correct in this regard.

Comment

Working...
          X