Too many priming kicks to start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscum61 View Post
    I noticed on my bike if I forget to open the throttle all the way when priming I end up priming the carb and not the cylinders as much by not pulling enough air in to create the fumes needed and have gas dripping. CRS. has contributed to having one leg stronger than the other.
    You Folks who love to see drips better avoid paper or foam air filters.

....Cotten
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Exactly. no drips unless I flood it. was the point of my admission.

Comment

...not pulling enough air in to create the fumes needed and have gas dripping.....
        Exactly. no drips unless I flood it. was the point of my admission..
        Help me understand, Scooterscum,...

You want to flood it?

....Cotten
        AMCA #776

Comment

only by accident

Comment

Please let us consider, Folks,..

It should only take one closed-choke kick to produce a metered amount of raw fuel, as long as the throttle is open just enough to ""pull"" its charge from the main nozzles' reserve groove or cut-away.
            This was designed to go with a specific choke disc. (I referred to that previously with an unanswered question....)

(Attempting to prevent too much of a raw charge led to the poppet-valve choke disc after '54 or so, but it still doesn't prevent a loose nut on the kick pedal from flooding it anyway.)

I had to kick these things for a living for decades and decades, Folks.
            If I didn't figure them out, I couldn't be walking the new dog with no knee pain, equal hip arthritis, and even the right metatarsal smashed by a little old lady from Tiskilwa rear-ending me a quarter century ago can still kick. Make it easy on yourselves, Folks!

....Cotten
            Last edited by T. Cotten; 06-27-2024, 03:55 PM.
            AMCA #776

Comment

What is your starting tip for Linkert MR 3 or 4 as you know they do not have a choke. I now use a small shot of ether with 1/4 throttle, small no primer kick. Usually starts on 1 or 2 kicks, but would like to not use starting fluid.
              #7558 Take me on and you take on the whole trailer park!

Comment

Originally posted by KNUCK View Post
                What is your starting tip for Linkert MR 3 or 4 as you know they do not have a choke. I now use a small shot of ether with 1/4 throttle, small no primer kick. Usually starts on 1 or 2 kicks, but would like to not use starting fluid.
                Honestly, Knuck,..

I can't remember ever holding either model in my hands.

So I'm flatulating in a hailstorm, but... Depending upon your airhorn appliance,

If you can spray down the throat, I'd try hand-choking first!

...Cotten
                PS: Cannot anyone measure a 27225-48 relief hole for us?
                Last edited by T. Cotten; 06-17-2024, 01:07 PM.
                AMCA #776

Comment

It's also worth mentioning that if there is no valve gap it is hard for the descending piston to draw fuel out of the carb. The valve gap is a crucial part of the timing of the motor.

Comment

Working...
                  X