Brake Pad Question - '32 Chief

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake Pad Question - '32 Chief

Happy Holidays everyone. I am in the middle of restoring the rear wheel and I am looking to replace the brake pad/lining on each brake shoe. Does anyone know who sells them, as I can't seem to find them anywhere? They are 1.4 to 1.5 inches wide....and they are quite a bit wider than the fronts. I can find the rivets and I can find front brake pads....just no rears. Greer appears to sell the entire brake shoe for $90 for a '36 chief, but I don't need the shoes, just the pads/linings. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Brent.

Three thoughts:
    1. Ask Todd at Geers if they have/sell linings seperately
    2. vintagebrake.com
    3. McMaster-Carr.

Hope this helps. Good Luck. Let me know what works out.

Comment

Call Bob's Indian in Etters ,Pa. Ask for Robin

Comment

https://retrocycle.com/products/indi...brake-shoe-set

Comment

I might have a set of pads here. PM me

Comment

Another option is an industrial relining company. They have many different linings of varying hardness they can custom cut and bond. I had good luck with that option on my JD external band brake but unfortunately that local shop has since closed.

Comment

Also if you give them the drum they’ll arch them to fit unlike most off the shelf.

Comment

Thanks for everyone's responses, I appreciate it. Ron....I sent you a PM. If you don't end up having any, I will pursue all of the other options here.

Comment

Working...
                X