X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last three. SAM_0852.JPGSAM_0869.JPGSAM_0870.JPG

Comment

Originally posted by JTR249 View Post
      Well, I guess I did, however, those tips that looked like vertical tips are all about 7 1/4" long and not shaped the same. My guess when I look them over is that they actually made different ones for Chiefs and Sport Scouts or these are bad reproductions. They look good, too good almost, though they could be never used Chief/SS old stock--still, almost too clean for that. All six are exactly the same. One of them has a small dent...]
      Once again JR, I'm clueless about verticals,

But everything smells fantastic to me;

Vintage aftermarket rules! (Modern aftermarket cannot match the quality.)

If you found a copper brillo, then it wasn't the final Dixie Eversure Tinku MadBull production, even though their funky silver element was the only thing wrong with them.

Copper mesh rules supreme. (Dixie did offer a copper mesh separately over the years, slightly different 'gauge' from OEM, for want of a different word.)

....Cotten
      Last edited by T. Cotten; 05-12-2023, 08:13 PM.
      AMCA #776
      Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

JTR,
        Some parts id….

Those plates are Indian Sport Scout crash bar mounting plates as seen here…

E6F1785E-BF11-48B0-8F29-91BDD30DB28D.jpeg

Although it will work on any Sport Scout the olive drab paint suggests the 641B Scouts. The 741 military bikes crash bar mounted differently, no plate just a u bolt around the frame tube and then through two holes in the crash bar.

This bracket…

619C155A-93D3-4699-86EA-BFE6B70A4332.jpeg

Indian Chief generator mount. Not sure what year this style started, the earlier brackets had clamps with just two screws around the frame tube, this has four screws so later, and I think all the way up till 53.

That cover is Indian generator belt cover, not sure of the year I’ll look in Hatfields book.

The side stand is Indian Chief, I think 46 up?

Joe

Comment

Thanks, Joe. That helps a lot. There's another page of parts. Take a look and post if you know what they are.
          Mike Tomas said he thinks the clam shell is original. I'm not certain about the ones that resemble vertical Pathfinder fender tips.

Did Indian ever sell unformed Pathfinder fender tips? The six in the bunch that resemble them are not shaped the same, that's why I thought there might actually have two different types--one for verticals and one for wider fender Chiefs and Sport Scouts.

-JR

Comment

Working...
          X