Clutch foot lever not function properly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch foot lever not function properly

The clutch on my 1938 Chief will not stay disengaged. I cleaned up and scuffed up the friction washer, media blasted the surface of the friction plated and tighten the spring nut as far as it would go and it would not hold the pedal in the disengaged position when the motor is running. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

I had that problem with my ‘41. In my case it turned out that the pin that keeps the stationary friction plate stationary was sheered off. You’ve probably already checked that, but if not...

Kevin

Kevin
    https://www.youtube.com/c/motodesoto

Comment

[QUOTE=Shaky Jake;182478]I had that problem with my ‘41. In my case it turned out that the pin that keeps the stationary friction plate stationary was sheered off. You’ve probably already checked that, but if not...

Kevin

Yep, the pin is in good shape. Thanks

Comment

How hard is it to depress the pedal?
        IF the chutch disc stack is a little high the spring tension is higher and may be to much for the friction disc.
        Tom

Comment

Check with Mike at Kiwi to see if he has the correct tension spring and old style disc in stock.

Comment

The pedal is not really hard to depress, but I have been wondering if the clutch springs might be the cause of the problem. Guess it makes sense to go there next. Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X