Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• billpedalino
    replied
    Has anyone tried the newer kicker gears. I'm ready to change mine out on a 1970 that I'm restoring to 'Period Modified'. Also, I seem to recall that there was a guy somewhere that is set up to back-cut both gears for better engagement. Does anyone have any information on him? Murph??
    As for 'Sportster Knee', I've been dealing with mine all my life.... and I'm 74...

Leave a comment:

• duffeycycles
    replied
    V-Twin may have sourced better kick gears than the last one I worked on many years ago.

Leave a comment:

• tgarcia
    replied
    No I remember that all too well,one reason I don't care for them too much.

Leave a comment:

• jug
    replied
    I do remember the Sportster knee!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• wallaman
    replied
    Duffy,
    Did you mean "Sportster knee"!?? LOL!

Leave a comment:

• duffeycycles
    replied
    Worst part is usually the kick gears & repops suck.

Leave a comment:

• wallaman
    replied
    Originally posted by Rubone View Post
    If it is an XLH and has all the sheet metal it is hard to find. If it is an XLCH with good numbers and title jump on it quick. I wish it was near me!
    '59 XLCH is my FAVORITE Sportster. Mine's not an attempt at a 100 point AMCA bike, but a period correct rider. To me, as fun as they get. As long as the numbers are good, $3K whether it's an H (reasonably complete) or CH, go for it!

DSC02330a.jpg

DSC02316a.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Rubone
    replied
    If it is an XLH and has all the sheet metal it is hard to find. If it is an XLCH with good numbers and title jump on it quick. I wish it was near me!

Leave a comment:

• tgarcia
    started a topic 1959 sportster basket case

1959 sportster basket case

I know a guy here locally that has a 59 sportster that has been apart for for a while he wants to get rid of,it appears to be mostly there from what I can tell and he is asked 3000 for it. Is that a reasonable price as I don't know anything about sportster? I am just trying to save it from a different fate that it could end up being scrapped after his passing. I know it's always hard to say when it's not in front of you and no pictures but just trying to get a general consensus.
Working...
X