1959 sportster basket case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1959 sportster basket case

I know a guy here locally that has a 59 sportster that has been apart for for a while he wants to get rid of,it appears to be mostly there from what I can tell and he is asked 3000 for it. Is that a reasonable price as I don't know anything about sportster? I am just trying to save it from a different fate that it could end up being scrapped after his passing. I know it's always hard to say when it's not in front of you and no pictures but just trying to get a general consensus.

If it is an XLH and has all the sheet metal it is hard to find. If it is an XLCH with good numbers and title jump on it quick. I wish it was near me!
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Originally posted by Rubone View Post
      If it is an XLH and has all the sheet metal it is hard to find. If it is an XLCH with good numbers and title jump on it quick. I wish it was near me!
      '59 XLCH is my FAVORITE Sportster. Mine's not an attempt at a 100 point AMCA bike, but a period correct rider. To me, as fun as they get. As long as the numbers are good, $3K whether it's an H (reasonably complete) or CH, go for it!

DSC02330a.jpg

DSC02316a.jpg

Comment

Worst part is usually the kick gears & repops suck.

Comment

Duffy,
          Did you mean "Sportster knee"!?? LOL!

Comment

I do remember the Sportster knee!!!!!!!!

Comment

No I remember that all too well,one reason I don't care for them too much.

Comment

V-Twin may have sourced better kick gears than the last one I worked on many years ago.

Comment

Working...
                X