• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoJo357 View Post

Would love to read about the trip Ryan.

https://youtu.be/StwjRsPKMME

*M.A.D.*
    The guy I got it from is copying the pictures of the build showing the unit and of the trip. The boat was built as a distraction for the builder and his daughter's family because her son, builder's grandson, sadly passed away at the age of 6 of cancer.

The builder also road his daughter to Alaska so she could paint the mountains, he road a 1950 panhead and she road in the sidecar. When he returned from their trip, he and his son jumped in his truck and he returned to Alaska and cut a four cylinder Henderson out of a fence row, he did finish the restoration on the Henderson. Super neat guy that was a ww2 veteran who sadly passed years ago.

Comment

Kindly Thank You Ryan.

*M.A.D.*

Comment

I wonder if the builder is the same guy who used to go to the Indian 4 meets in Tiffin Ohio with a restored KJ Henderson he called "The Canadian Henderson". This fellow rode his Panhead and sidecar with his daughter across Northern Canada to Alaska taking the most northerly roads available. Sometimes they travelled on logging trails. His daughter painted scenery along the way. They camped most of the way across the country. They spend one night and had supper at a farm in northern Manitoba with a farmer and his wife. It turns out the farmer had a KJ Henderson years ago and during the war when aluminum scrap drives were taking place he took the bike apart and gave the crankcases to the scrap drive and buried the rest of the pieces. After supper they dug up the Henderson pieces and it was all there except the crankcases and in remarkably good condition. The gas tanks were still there because the farmer did not realize they were aluminum. When the fellow and his daughter returned home from their trip, he retrived the Henderson in Manitoba and found some crankcases and restored the bike. I have pictures him with it at Tiffin. I will look for them. I seem to recall his name was Henry Hardin but I could be wrong on that.
        Tom
        Last edited by Tom Wilcock; 10-16-2022, 07:21 AM.

Comment

I do think it is time to knock the dust off and wake it up from hibernation.

Comment

Working...
          X