No announcement yet.

57 pan frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could some one give me an idea how many wire clips were used on a 57 pan?
    I have come up with 2 one on the front down tube towards the generator and one on the seat post towards the brake light switch and distributor any others?

I will try to post a couple of progress photos of it tonight I did get the frame parts from wasco.

Hey Bob, at Oley you mentioned you have a 57 any chance I could get a couple of photos to guide myself by
    Chuck
    AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Chuck, Did your buddy get the case? I never heard from him. There are four clips. Steering head clip for wire coming from switch to triple tree terminal board. Left down leg for the gennie loom. Center tube for the breaker wire and rear left upper tube for the tail light wire. I have seen pictures with a fifth clip on the support tube where your throttle cable would get tethered for the gennie wire. I always use tape. I don't know if that clip is oem. Got more questions, ask away. Bob L
      AMCA #3149
      http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

pan progress

hibob, yes he got it thanks, looks like I will need to get the steering head clip and the rear tail light clip
        below is hwere it stands as of tonight
        PICT5834.jpgPICT5806.JPGPICT5808.JPGPICT5805.JPG
        Chuck
        AMCA Member#1848

Comment

That '57 is looking great Chuck. I also love to see pictures of people's shops.
          Eric Smith
          AMCA #886

Comment

Thanks Eric,

It's starting to take shape now, over the winter I got some parts I needed for it and also sold some of the chopper stuff that came with it at Oley the last 2 years. This year at Oley the sissy bar and seat was sold and headed off over sea's to the land of the rising sun. there should be a photo of that and the original molded frame and tank in the begining of this thread.

I was happy that the neck and rear stand mounts didn't get chopped off the sidecar loops were cut and ground to a point, I bought the replacment loops measured my cousins 55 pan loops width and cut,mitred and beveled the halves on either side of the loops to make them look original and they should be strong enough to be used should I decide to.

I also find myself doing the same with other peoples photos when looking at bikes in work shops, mine isn't what you would call well organized and...........well....the photos in the background are sidecar dominate.
            Chuck
            AMCA Member#1848

Comment

I agree with Eric. That '57 is looking great and man that shop sure looks cozy!!! Thanks for the pics Chuck!!!
              Cory Othen
              Membership#10953

Comment

Clutch parts

It seems that I am missing the clutch spring disc is there a good source for one of these

Also I am looking for a god quality complete clutch cable for connecting to the mouse trap little by little it's taking shape

ThanksPICT5947.jpg
                Chuck
                AMCA Member#1848

Comment

It looks like that bike is well on it's way!!! Lookin' good!!! I know I've got a spare spring disc somewhere in the shop. I'll take a look in the morning to see what sort of shape it's in.
                  Cory Othen
                  Membership#10953

Comment

Coming along very nicely. Good job. Keep us updated.
                    D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Comment

Have you picked a color yet Chuck? Your bike is looking great, and it looks like you're at the point where you need to be thinking along those lines. When I first start building a bike, I have a vision in my head of what I want it to look like. Most of the time I'm really pleased with the reality and sometimes they come out better than I envisioned. However, every once in awhile . . . Well. . .They don't
                      Eric Smith
                      AMCA #886

Comment

Originally posted by exeric View Post
                        Have you picked a color yet Chuck? Your bike is looking great, and it looks like you're at the point where you need to be thinking along those lines. When I first start building a bike, I have a vision in my head of what I want it to look like. Most of the time I'm really pleased with the reality and sometimes they come out better than I envisioned. However, every once in awhile . . . Well. . .They don't
                        Well Eric so far I am sticking with pepper red and maybe some black single line stripes, I am the same way I always have a picture of what I want in my head to but..........
                        Chuck
                        AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Exhaust clamps

Any chance someone could post a few pictures of the general locations of the exhaust clamps and the way the mounting hardware should be installed for a 57 panhead. I am mainly interested in the front double clamp installation and rough location for it?

Thanks in advance
                          Chuck
                          AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Getting closer.......

my 57p.jpgmy 57.jpg
                            Chuck
                            AMCA Member#1848

Comment

down tube exhaust clamps

exhst001tw1-2.jpgexhst003bk8-2.jpghere's a couple...Mike

Comment

Getting closer........

PICT7209.jpgPICT7210.jpgPICT7211.jpgPICT7207.jpg

Eric, Not as old as the others but I figured this was a bit over due..................Also I am Looking for a rear fender tip for the 57
                                Last edited by Chuck#1848; 06-08-2015, 09:50 AM.
                                Chuck
                                AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Working...
                                X