57 pan frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 57 pan frame

I just picked up a 57 pan the frame has been cut up in spots but the frame neck doesn't appear to have been cut I put an angle meter on the mounts for the motor and they read zero I can only set the meter on the top of the neck and it reads 30 degrees more or less the complete frame has been smoothed with bondo has a molded tank installed and painted then sat in a basement for 20 plus years PICT5387.jpgPICT5372.jpgPICT5388.jpgPICT5386.jpg
    Can some one tell me the degree of the frame is for the forks
    Chuck
    AMCA Member#1848

Couple more photos, came with what I believe are early sporty front end and extra parts and plenty of the nostalga chopper items

PICT5385.jpgPICT5373.jpgPICT5377.jpgPICT5379.jpg
    Chuck
    AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Nice score Chuck,
      Looks like lots of the original frame is under there. Are both sets of fork legs the same length?
      Robbie
      Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Good for you Chuck! That's some funky molding on the frame/tank. So, what are your plans for this one? Are you going to go through the pains of restoring it or are ya gonna go with the chopper thing?
        Cory Othen
        Membership#10953

Comment

Use a torch to heat the bondo and it will break off. Hopefully it isn't burt too bad.
          Be sure to visit;
          http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
          Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
          Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Originally posted by Rub View Post
            Nice score Chuck,
            Looks like lots of the original frame is under there. Are both sets of fork legs the same length?
            Robbie
            thanks Robbie , Two things that I know got modified /removed are the sidecar loops were cut to a point outward and molded the other is the the tool box bracket was removed but that's a easy fix, and I gotta believe the tank mounts were chopped also
            The thing that conserns me is the neck but it looks stock...I hope I never really checked the fork legs but I think they are one set is dull the other set is in better shape planing to take some of this to Oley.
            Chuck
            AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Originally posted by c.o. View Post
              Good for you Chuck! That's some funky molding on the frame/tank. So, what are your plans for this one? Are you going to go through the pains of restoring it or are ya gonna go with the chopper thing?
              originally I was going to part it out ( my 401K is choking) till I saw the condition of the items that came with it, they found the title and I was told the motor was completly gone through from top to bottom so at this point it has a home as for the chopper thing if I could swap for a better frame I would prefer to go that route...maybe Chris would be intrested in it?
              Chuck
              AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Haynes View Post
                Use a torch to heat the bondo and it will break off. Hopefully it isn't burt too bad.
                thanks Chris would you know if the neck rake is around 30 degrees? I want to hold off doing anything to the frame untill I am sure it is stock otherwise I will sell it off with the seat and some other things.
                Chuck
                AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Whoops, I forgot to welcome you to the Pan Clan!!! My pan nearly has me convinced that overhead valves will have some longevity!!!
                  Cory Othen
                  Membership#10953

Comment

thanks Cory, I think this one might be a keeper, I just need to sort out some issues with the frame the motor was completely gone through and put into storage the trans looks if anything to have been cleaned up and re-gasketed.
                    Lots of new repop stuff came home with it also, you might call a some of it "vintage" V Twin it isn't going to be a chopper but it most likely won't be back to an original appearance either,
                    Chuck
                    AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Frame parts

I am bringing the frame to Oley along with some other items next month in hopes of possiably swapping for a frame

Anyway plan "B" is to remove the bondo and tank and restore portions of the mounts that were removed to chop the bike

Aside from the guy in Australia is there another source for frame parts for a 57 rigid pan frame?

I am Looking for the following replacment parts........
                      The speedo/dash mounting plate , Lower front tank mount , Throttle cable mount , Rear brackets to mount the seat tee and fuel tanks and the tool box mount.
                      Chuck
                      AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Competiton Distributing has some of those parts Chuck. I used their parts on my '48 frame and was quite pleased with the quality.
                        Eric Smith
                        AMCA #886

Comment

wascoframe.com
                          AMCA #3149
                          http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

I reciently picked up a frame mounted 66 to 79 police jockey shifter, I am planing to use on my 57 pan project I am looking for the linkage from the shifter to the transmition.
                            anyone got one?
                            Chuck
                            AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Originally posted by exeric View Post
                              Competiton Distributing has some of those parts Chuck. I used their parts on my '48 frame and was quite pleased with the quality.
                              Competition stopped carrying those parts over a year ago, maybe two.
                              Wasco Frame has since sourced the casting molds from those parts and is offering them and many other high-quality frame repair parts..! (As Bob has pointed out.)

http://www.wascoframe.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X