Valve Springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valve Springs

It's time for me to decide what springs to order for my '48. I've been reading up on how critical this area is to a good running engine. Does anybody have any recommendations. I've been thinking about Crane components but thought I'd see what others thought. Thanks in advance.
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Cory, What cam are you going to use? Stock? Don't know where Crane is being made today since the buyout and don't know what their quality is currently like. For a stock cam, I'd try and find some NOS ones, they may even still be service parts, they were used on shovels also, worth a call to the dealership. If not S&S would most likely be my choice for a stock or mild cam, anything with an extra lumpy cam would get springs and collars from JIM's.
    Brian Howard AMCA#5866

Comment

Brian, thank-you for the reply. To be honest I don't know what is hiding in there for a cam. I'm going to assume it's stock. I'll see if I can hunt down some NOS springs and collars and I'll check out S&S as well. Thanks again!!
      Cory Othen
      Membership#10953

Comment

Got some springs from NOS parts the other year, still in the boxes, nice price too.
        Brian Howard AMCA#5866

Comment

Working...
        X