heads for the pan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heads for the pan

I just looked in the how to restore book and seen that there is a casting # on the head between the push rods . after looking at my 62 pan there are no casting # on them so that means I have a aftermarket set of heads is this true ????

Esquire, By casting numbers do you mean part #? The part # on my 61 heads are under the pan cover between the pushrod holes. Can not see the # when together....... Lloyd

Comment

cool I will take one of the covers off and see Thank you Esquire

Comment

I took the covers off and found the # Thank You so much
        Esquire

Comment

There should be a date code too.....Rod

Comment

it has 61 on there would that be right for the 62 pan??

Comment

Yes, depends on when it was built. My 62FL6562 was built on 12-6-61 and both heads are dated September of 61.....Rod

Comment

The heads on my '57 are dated '55 but they have 12 rocker cover mounting screws in stead of 6.

Is it posible that some heads came from the factory dated '55 with 12 mounting screws or is it more likely that someone drilled and tapped them later?

Thanks in advance, Perry
                PMB

Comment

Originally posted by upsrod View Post
                  Yes, depends on when it was built. My 62FL6562 was built on 12-6-61 and both heads are dated September of 61.....Rod
                  Hi upsrod... where did you get your infos about production date from your 62FL!?

Harry

Comment

Originally posted by 58Panheadfan View Post
                    Hi upsrod... where did you get your infos about production date from your 62FL!?

Harry
                    I was wongering the same thing myself. I'm curious about my 62FL2897.

Comment

Harry and Dewey, You can get the information from Harley-Davidson. Harry, they have no information on 58's, I have tried every angle. Dewey, if you have the belly numbers and the anti-theft numbers on the frame,trans and fork they can verify all of that and tell you the build date. Peter J. Simet (414) 343-4056 ......Rod

Comment

I think you get the date and the month of the frame , right by the top ,back, gas tank mount look in the HOW TO RESTORE YOUR HARLE-DAVISON book

Comment

I don't know how I got here I was on Pan heads

Comment

I think you can find the month and year on the frame , on top and the back gas tank mount
                            Look at your HOW TO RESTORE YOU HARLEY-DAVIDSON BOOK
                            Esquire

Comment

I believe what they tell you is the Date it LEFT the Factory.
                              http://laughingindian.com/
                              http://flatheadownersgroup.com/
                              A.M.C.A. Member Since 1986

Comment

Working...
                              X