1958 one-year-only parts for FL/FLH??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1958 one-year-only parts for FL/FLH??

Hi, can anyone tell if there are indeed 1958 one-year-only parts? If so what are they?? I know about the pressed steel Vs. cast iron brake drum on early production that year, but is there anything else that could only be found on a 58?

Thanks,
    Ran

The black and gold (Palmer calls them black and silver) round plastic tank-badges.

Comment

Early swingarms didn't have a zerk.
      Brian Howard AMCA#5866

Comment

Saddlebag Bracket

The saddlebag bracket is welded together and was painted birch white for 1958 only.

Comment

And I think that was just early in the year, until the dealers complained about the shelf space they took up. Are you sure about the birch white? I thought it was different. A whiter white. But I am not sure. I will be glad to know, too.
          Mike

Comment

cad plated mousetrap cover?

Comment

Slotted rear fender strut screws instead of phillips at least most of the year, Sabre Grey Metallic paint. Also maybe differant machining of the spark plug hole because last year of air cooled plugs, first year 58 to early 62 heads...Rod

Comment

Duo Glide front fender script didnt have round "R" registered mark at the end.
                The R was added in 1959 and later.
                Steve Little
                Upper Yarra Valley. Victoria.
                Australia.
                AMCA member 1950

Comment

primary case oil drain pipe was 58 and early 59. I have a 59 and wondering if my bikes early or late it's FLH2102.

Comment

The dash base assembly is 58 only. The generator light has a wire running directly from the bulb's socket to the generator rather than using a terminal beside the the bulb as was done in 57. 59 added the neutral light (hand shift never had a neutral light but the base still had a hole for its socket punched into it) ... Perry

Comment

Quote from Neil: 'primary case oil drain pipe was 58 and early 59. I have a 59 and wondering if my bikes early or late it's FLH2102.'

Neil, I've posted some info in your thread on the Hydra-Glide forum. Eric

Comment

Working...
                      X