Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Converting Servi-Car non-adj. tree to adj.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting Servi-Car non-adj. tree to adj.

Why do things the simple way, I ask, when it can be done the hard way? In that vein, I have in-hand a set of non-adjustable (rake set at the forward position) trees from a set of, I believe, Servi-car triple trees. There is only the one set of holes in the lower piece, not two as would be the case in an adjustable set. Accordingly, I would like to make this set adjustable for my '66 FLH.

Can someone tell me what the centerline-to-centerline distance should be on the two holes for the tree?

Also, is there any negative effect on handling in Solo mode if the tree is set at the extended Sidecar mode?

Thanks,
    Lonnie C.
    Lonnie Campbell #9908
    South Cackalackey, U.S. of A.

Come see us at the Tenth Annual AMCA Southern National Meet - May 17-19, 2019 at Denton FarmPark, Denton, N.C.

Visit the website for vendor and visitor information at www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com

It's a slot not a second hole but I guess a second hole would work. On each end there is a plate with a pin attached to keep the lower tree in the designated position. This part is different between rigid and swing arm bikes (as is the lower tree because the slot length is different). I've attached a couple photos showing one of these plates with a ruler so you should be able to determine centre to centre distance. Here's the rub - I don't know if that is for a rigid or swing arm (I think the later). I used to have a business card with a tracing of each on the back but can't place it now ... Perry
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Perry Ruiter; 03-21-2010, 04:02 PM.

Comment

The slot is logical, it is obvious that I was not thinking, else why would the adjusting position tabs even be required? Thanks for the photos, they should help. I may decide to just install the trees as-is (in the forward position) in the swing arm frame, but if so I'll keep these photos for reference.
      Lonnie Campbell #9908
      South Cackalackey, U.S. of A.

Come see us at the Tenth Annual AMCA Southern National Meet - May 17-19, 2019 at Denton FarmPark, Denton, N.C.

Visit the website for vendor and visitor information at www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com

Comment

Lonnie!

You will find a solo machine very hard to manage with the fork in the extended position.

I made it about fifty yards before I realized the mistake.

...Cotten
        AMCA #776
        Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Working...
        X