kicker gears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kicker gears

went to take my '50 on a run today and once again taiwan teds kicker gears took a crap ,ended up tearing it down .. need to get this bike fixed to ride out to jefferson fri. my question is does anyone make qaulity kicker gears that will hold up more than a season?

If you want a real good one here are some Baker parts...http://www.brightonhd.com/searchResu...idaa3157zz~r=~

Comment

Flthead it sucks! I mean big time. It’s not the gears that are bad but the heat treating process. As the price of energy goes up. The quality goes down. Get it out the door as soon as possible to keep the profits up. I got two bad ones from Harley twenty years ago from the same batch. Sure they refunded my money but that doesn’t make up for jump starting my bike in 94 degree heat and wreaking my weekend. These days it’s very rare that anybody does in house heat treating. There at the mercy of the sub contractor. Come visit me at Jefferson and I’ll buy ya cocktail and chear ya up. Bob L
      AMCA #3149
      http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

[Come visit me at Jefferson and I’ll buy ya cocktail and chear ya up. Bob L[/QUOTE] look for a green pan being bum started ... that mught be me

Comment

kicker gears

I see them pop up on ebay all the time but not sure if they are OEM or aftermarket junk. Try NOS parts.com. He has them sometimes or I have had buddies buy the Jims one and no issues with those so far and 4-5 years so far on them.

Rollo
          AMCA #12766

Comment

I'd stick to Baker if possible, I know their quality is still good. Been having some problems with stuff that comes in packaging adorned by the trusty bar & shield, read the fine print. Packaged in USA, contents made in Mexico and China. Just had some gaskets that I got from H-D that weren't even close to being made to the proper size, The rollers on genuine H-D tappets only last half as long as the ones I replace myself on old tappet bodies. Don't know guys, but I think actual working, quality parts are going to get hard to find and real expensive.
            Brian Howard AMCA#5866

Comment

I installed a set of Baker gears on my 64' ... just kicked her over for the first time yesterday. I swear its easier to kick, but it could just be the fact I'm not concerned it going to fall through and bust up my knee again.

Comment

well it's fixed for jefferson .... i'll be looking into baker gears soon ,thanks

Comment

ANOTHER problem is that since HD stopped broaching two slots in the mainshaft for the fixed side fo the ratchet gear, Ted's (and other's) keys are so soft that they shear and you're stuck with a bump-and-start bike.
                  Bill Pedalino
                  Huntington, New York
                  AMCA 6755

Comment

Working...
                  X